Missing icons (again)

Hasn’t happened in a long time (not since that major upgrade a couple of months ago), but today most of my icons are gone again.

Thanks for the report, @DadOfJerseyGirl! We can’t replicate your issue. Can you say more about what browser and OS you’re using?

Maybe try to reload the page?

If you could try a different one, that might help too.

Sorry not to be of more help. Thanks very much for your report and time.

Thanks for the response @CC_Jay.
It looks fine now.
I’m using Safari on an iPhone.

Where are all the buttons???

@CC_Jay

Fonts are different, buttons missing…

1 Like

Just kicked out… 500 error…

Same issues for me too and the notifications aren’t working. I’m also getting the 500 error messages too. I couldn’t add the moderator color when I closed a thread and the system told me I didn’t have permission and deleted my post.

1 Like

Sorry about that. The final stages of the upgrade are just kicking in. I believe that this will resolve the 500 errors.

Looks like the icons are back and uploads are working.

I disabled the “light” theme, so everyone has the one official one.

My notifications seem to be working but my icons aren’t back.

My fonts are still different.
Also the CC logo no longer takes me to the forums (talk.collegeconfidential.com)… it directs me to the login page (collegeconfidential.com)

1 Like

I think that the “CC” theme has a different font than did “light”.

I think that this was a design decision, but I don’t really know. You can use the keyboard shortcut “gh” (for Go Home) to go back to the home page. Type ? for a full list of keyboard shortcuts.

I just re-read… does this mean we no longer have an option to select a preferred theme?

1 Like

I checked this again. This is by design. The logo takes to you to the main site (which is how that logo works on the main site). To get the to community, you click the “community” link and then “forums”.

(But for me, gh is how I get back to the home page. And also gl for /latest.

Thanks. I’ll get used to it. :joy: And check out the keyboard shortcuts.

One more question on this theme… when I have new notifications there is no longer a blue band on the ones I have not checked. Is this to be expected? The list of notifications looks exactly the same whether read or not.

1 Like

I had this issue earlier but it resolved.

There have been big changes to how notifications work those new changes haven’t been enabled here just yet. It’s tied to a complete re-write of how all of the navigation works, and since this site has some significant customizations in the navigation, it make be a bit before they can catch up.

I see. Just to make sure I follow… there is currently no way to tell which notifications have been checked and which have not? I’m afraid that is going to lead to a lot of problems. Edit: But I wonder if I’m missing something because it is surprising that no one else has posted about this. Is it just me?

I appreciate your timely follow up to my questions today.

I closed down the CC tab and reopened it…icons are back.

I’m having issues with notifications. Not the blue numbers but the shading on posts that I’ve entered and read. Some are shaded and others are not. It’s making things difficult.

1 Like