Mistake on UC applicaton?

Hi!

I completed the first semester on freshman year, where I did one semester of art, in Mexico and from the second semester of freshman to senior year, I have been in the U.S. where i only took a second semester of art during sophomore year. When I applied to colleges I did not remember that I completed my art class in Mexico and I did not need to put anything form my first semester transcript to complete the a-g requirements. I just selected as planned a second semester of art, however when I requested my transcript from Mexico I realized that I had the art class and my school did not assign me art this semester because I already had the requirement of a year completed. My problem right now is that I do have the year for arts but is not what I reported, and since I did not have access to my transcripts from Mexico until a couple of weeks ago I do not have any other class from Mexico listed on my a-g requirements. How do I contact the UC’s and CSU’s about this? Would it compromise my acceptance or would they need my transcripts only when I get accepted? Again, all of my a-g requirements are completed.

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

Phone one of the UC Admissions offices and ask them what to do. They may want you to write a letter to Admissions at each UC campus you applied to. You won’t need to send actual transcripts until later on, and then only to the UC that you are admitted to and plan to attend.

@BunnyBlue I have the option to enroll into a class at my local CC and through that way I wouldn’t need my first semester. Would that be better? I imagine I still have to send my transcripts. I just don’t want my application to be compromised or anything… The school from Mexico is more than 2k miles away from me and reaching out to them is complicated that’s why I didn’t have access to my transcript earlier than December.

You don’t need your transcript to tell them you took a course. You only need the transcript to document your courses after you have been accepted and decided to enroll. I don’t think courses taken in the summer after high school graduation are considered for admission. Give them a call, explain what happened, and ask them how to report the semester course you didn’t include on your application.

@BunnyBlue I enrolled in an art class for this spring, so I’m completing my a-g requirements just like I planned on my app. I called cpp and they said that it was not a problem unless it was to fulfill a requirement, and the UC I called was not useful. I guess everything is fine now, I will email my UCs and the rest of the CSUs that I applied to and let them know that I have the first semester of freshman yesr available now. Thanks!