MIT Class of 2025 Regular Decision

Thanks @HPuck35, still a small window :crossed_fingers:

Thanks @Xanthous1 . Is your son a UK applicant too?

No, we are in USA on east coast.

Ah ok, all the very best to your son

1 Like

Yeah, I haven’t gotten a MIT interview yet. Thought, I called and they said that I had been assigned an interviewer…

Where are u from?

I live on the west coast and my interviewer was on the east coast.

Does anyone know if the decision date is still pi day March 14th or delayed?

2 Likes

does anyone know what the decision date will be… ik historically its 3/14 but with the increase in applications all other schools have pushed back 1-2 wks…
and also, just out of curiosity, by how much did mit applications increase this year? if anyone knows…

Nobody outside admissions knows the answers to either question.

Any international applicant here who got interviewed?

I did.

Does anyone know when is the last date you can hear about the interview?

Not really for MIT but for Harvard I just called admissions and asked. They said early march.

1 Like

I’m guessing their trying to interview as many people as possible. I had an interview last week and my interviewer was from a completely different state than I am from (definitely not a local interview).

I am from the mid west and my interviewer was from New York.

My interviewer was from New York as well. I am not from New York so I’m guessing that they’re just interviewing people as quickly as possible.

1 Like

Question: If someone had a really off the wall MIT interviewer, who asked a bunch of really inappropriate and often creepy questions, among other things, what do we do? How should this be handled since the interviewee is the one in the hot seat right now? Do nothing? Does it matter? How are these folks screened?

Asking for a friend…

Thanks!

:goat:

1 Like

YES! My son did! It was a life time opportunity that he prepared endless hours for!

1 Like

We (ECs) have a list of who hasn’t interviewed yet.

Let me just say: the number of applications is up significantly.
The number of ECs is also down (about 300).

I’ve completed 13 interviews at this point. In the past, I’ve usually done about 10.

I may still pick up 1-2 more, but it’s basically giving up an evening whenever I do an interview. I haven’t looked at the overflow in a few weeks.

One of the overflow coordinators emailed a few days ago and said specifically for EA, the number of Americans who apply were up 66% and the number of internationals were up 100% (which means more interviews and for applicants, if this trend continues into RA, well … the admit rates will be abyssmal.)

1 Like