Mount Holyoke Class of 2027 Official Thread

I appreciate the insight.

I may try to share that - though at this point I don’t know that she wants anymore input from anywhere LOL

1 Like

And….she decided.

Mount Holyoke it is!

She has a music performance at her high school this morning (the have their alumni homecoming this weekend, she’s in several musical groups - I forget exactly which one). This afternoon we’ll make the deposit.

Yesterday after a practice AP test she went to be with some friends, and texted us she needed to take an evening off from everything, so they were going out. She came in around 11 - my wife and I weren’t pushing, but let her know if she wanted to talk anything through we’d be happy to listen.

Her response was ‘no need, it’s Mount Holyoke. Always was.’

It came down to the feeling of belonging, and the people she met there, and the beautiful campus, and all of it. Being able to sit in on 2 classes I think really cemented it.

She is staying on the Wesleyan waitlist - if she is offered a spot, THAT will be a super hard decision, I think. Just the one visit last fall made such an impression that it I still in contention - if she had been admitted and done an admitted student event I have no doubt she’d pick them. it’s a very long shot, but this year who knows….

This afternoon after making the deposit she will also write a thank you note to the AO at Case, she definitely advocated for her. And we can start planning for move in, parent weekend, and all the rest!

Thanks to all that have followed along and offered insight, I’ve shared with D throughout the process. This community has been helpful to us - hopefully sharing her journey has been helpful to others as well.

For those we met at the Experience MHC weekend, we look forward to seeing you at future family events!

11 Likes

Congratulations! Mount Holyoke seems like such a special place. We look forward to seeing you on campus sometime. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Suzan Lori Parks '85 and Debra Chase '77 recently received several Tony nominations for the revival of Top Dog, Underdog on Broadway this past year.

2 Likes