my freshmen year classes

<p>wis75, they have to approve your schedule before you leave and sign some papers. That gives them a certain amount of authority at that time. You can always go and change your schedule right after SOAR, though. =P</p>

<p>Okay, so I actually just changed my schedule around and am taking 15 credits now (Philosophy 101, Anthropology 204, ILS 209 (Intro to Global Cultures), Spanish 204, and a Bradley Roundtable. I'm excited- all my classes seem like they'll be really interesting! :)</p>

<p>Aha- you've discovered one of the zillions of secrets of making the system work. Your advisor would probably have approved the new schedule if you were face to face, having the advisor sign off on the original schedule insures that new students don't come up with a totally unreasonable course list- it would be a shame to have a wasted semester because a student didn't understand the ins and outs of things.</p>

<p>I'm curious about Anthro 204. I couldn't find it in the timetable.</p>

<p>Oh, sorry, I actually totally wrote that wrong. I'm taking 104, not 204, so that's probably why it's now showing up.</p>

<p>Sorry!</p>

<p>I'm taking Math 222 (5 credits), Chem 109 (5 credits), E. Asian 124 (3 credits), and Anthro 104 (3 credits). It's 16 credits total, which is more than what most of the other people I talked to at SOAR are doing, but it can't be unusual if the average is 15. I'm just worried about the difficulty of Chem 109 (I didn't take Honors or AP since my school didn't offer them, but I did take two years). The main reason I took it was so I wouldn't have another 5 credit block taking up my second semester when I could be taking something else.</p>

<p>Schedules sound good to me-16 credits is not a big deal, especially when that means only 4 classes. Never worry about anyone else's schedule- do what works for you. Your chemistry background should be just fine. College is for stretching yourself, you won't regret taking what you can handle instead of taking it easy. If you plan on medical/law/grad school you will be better prepared for their rigors if you plan as rigorous a schedule as possible starting your first semester. Good luck and enjoy.</p>