coin collection
A lot of self made theories in physics.
93% in 10th grade ICSE.
4 years FIITJEE (decent performance)

Why MIT? Go for a Nobel.

5 Likes

will think for it.
but please help for this.

Chances for anyone to get into MIT are low. Less than 5%. But for internationals its even more difficult. And applicants from the subcontinent face even greater challenges because of the sheer number of competitors.

To be a viable candidate, you’ll need to rank near the top of your class (or better yet state), plus have top standardized test scores. Then you’ll need something extra special – the wow factor. Typically this is academic related: gold medal at international olympiad, or gordon moore award at ISEF, winning the FIRST robotics competition. MIT is interested in STEM success.

If you don’t have all 3 of these then it will be difficult. Not impossible, but just know that the odds are low. Best of luck

1 Like

it would be preferred if opinion is given with reference to my context and offerings not opinion of general.

GPA and test scores are like the first round at most schools for most applicants.

Well you didn’t give a lot of details for us to base anything on. We need to know your class rank, how competitive of a school that you attend, financial aid, financial aid, parents background, test scores etc. See previous posts for examples of the format we’re looking for.

2 Likes

For the last application cycle, MIT accepted 123 out of 9,165 international applicants, for a 1.3% acceptance rate.

So there’s your benchmark. Expect the admissions rate for applicants from India, Korea, and China to be even lower. More detailed than that is something nobody can provide because A) you did not provide much detail (see template link below), B) we don’t see the whole application and C) we are not MIT AOs. You asked for opinions, and you are getting opinions. Please do not tell users who can reply or what they can say.

I will further suggest that respondents add texture to their replies, and not split answer with “cure cancer” or similar.

4 Likes

Since I’m not a Mod I can’t tell anyone what to do :grin::grin:, but I am hopeful the adults will try to guide students such as this one in good faith and leave off the sarcasm. :pray::pray:

2 Likes

Good point. Edited my last post to include a new final paragraph.

1 Like

Most schools will have admissions data available in a Common Data Set, which will allow you to compare your objective data (GPA, standardized test scores) to those of matriculated students; Section C of the CDS also tells you overall numbers of applicants and admits, and what admissions factors are considered and how they are weighted. @skieurope has given you a link to the MIT website which gives more granular detail about the admits to MIT.

Looking at the CDS of your schools of interest (in addition to MIT) might help you identify which ones could merit further consideration and/or an application.

prolly I should start a new thread with more details

1 Like

This is your thread about your likelihood of getting into MIT. Please do Not start a second thread with the same question and more details…just add the information here so folks can really help you.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.