National Society of Leadership and Success; Sigma Alpha Pi

<p>Hey,</p>

<p>I just got home and checked my mail, I'm currently a senior at UW, and have been invited to join Sigma Alpha Pi, an honorary organization. Is anyone familiar with this group and are there any benefits to being a part?</p>

<p>Is it actually an honor? How the heck is one selected?</p>

<p>I feel stupid on this one. Help?</p>

<p>I'll be calling in the morning to learn more from the L&S Career Services person who sent me the letter, but in the mean time, I'm impatient.</p>

<p>I’m in the chapter at another school that I got to PSEO at. You’re selected based on gpa. It’s not that great, just a resume padder that you’ve gotta pay for.</p>

<p>If you are interested in it check with any local affiliates, otherwise keep or throw the letter. In past CC threads some involved it it or something similar described all they do, for those in it it may mean something- just as being in the Greek system means something to those in it. I tend to downplay any award given to those who pay for it- think any “who’s who in college/hs”, most won’t bother with it. Now- if Phi Beta Kappa invites you, THAT would impress people.</p>