Need Advice

I just got rejected from CMC and Pomona. I’m so scared right now. I feel like my chances at any of the other universities are 0% right now. I mean, the rest have even lower acceptance rates. I’m screwed. Gosh, the process really pumps up your self worth!
Also @Anxiouscollegestuden, I did apply to ASU, thanks for telling me about it.

1 Like

Those are super hard to get into!
Have you heard from UNC?
Have you applied to any other university that was listed on this page or which you were advised to apply to?

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear of the CMC and Pomona results. But, they couldn’t select all the great applicants, including you. Please don’t let your self worth be tied up in college decisions.

It’s great that you have applied to ASU, have you sent in any other applications?

Do keep us updated. Sending positive vibes your way.

4 Likes

Make sure you apply to ASU’s honors college (Barrett’s). It’s huge, good, and has a lot of connections for internships.

3 Likes

I’m sending in Penn state and UPitt in today. Thanks so much for the positive vibes :blush:. Also, I haven’t heard back from UNC yet. I don’t think they have released their decisions yet.

2 Likes

I’ll make sure I do once I get the portal details.

Another question: I’ve applied test optional. Could that be affecting my decisions? My mother is convinced that is the reason I got rejected…

Many of the universities went Test Optional.
What your mother needs to understand is that there are hundreds of thousands of students who apply to the top universities. Those uni’s can have their pick of any student. Seats are extremely limited-it’s a very small, finite number.
Most of those seats are already filled with athletic recruits, URM candidates, Legacies, Celebrity students, large donors, internationally recognized students (Greta, Malala, Malia, etc.). International students, especially from Asian countries, are overrepresented.

i hear you, most of the schools i got accepted to were only safeties and my parents aren’t convinced to send me there - a rejection from upenn, ucla and ucb later - I am almost in the same position as you are.

i hope you’re able to pull through and get in to a uni of your choice. good luck. it sure is stressful but try not to attach your emotions to these decisions. apply to more schools, and if it gets harder, consider applying to schools for the winter semester - it might mean taking another gap semester but whatever happens, you will be fine

-indian, gap year student :)))

I got a conditional acceptance in ASU!
But I can’t find my acceptance letter anywhere. Any advice?
Also, what could conditional acceptance pertain to?

2 Likes

Check your email on your computer.

Well that was quick! Now call them on Monday and ask nicely for the honors college (you’re certainly qualified for it), and financial aid. If a low level person tells you it’s impossible, just keep on asking for the next person up, until the Dean tells you no.

conditional usually means you need to send them a test showing proficiency in English (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo…)

They haven’t sent it there either

Well, you were smart enough to apply to safeties but yes, we are in the same boat. Good luckk…

Yeahh…I kinda forgot to send my Duolingo score so I sent it in immediately

IKR…it was legit 3 days. I’ll talk to them about Honors College, but I first need my letter of acceptance. It’s not on my portal nor in my email. I really need to find it before I freak out.

I got waitlisted at 7 universities and rejected at the rest.
But in happier news, I got into Honours College at ASU. I going to pay my deposit for ASU but hope I get out of one of the waitlists.
Thanks all for your help.

5 Likes

Good for you!!! ASU Barrett is terrific :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Congratulations!

Where have you been waitlisted?

@silentccreader : any news on your side?

2 Likes

Hoorayyyy!!! I was hoping that you’d get accepted to the Honors College there. They giving you any money?

When do you have to pay your deposit? It’s not a lot of money, but you could get accepted off the wait list somewhere you’d rather go, before the end of April. Just as long as you don’t mess up and forget to send them your deposit in time.

Where are you wait listed? You should probably send them all letters, and emphasize the fact that you come with a full, portable scholarship already (assuming that it’s worth 80K/yr for 4 yrs).