Need help deciding colleges

I SIR’ED to both UC Davis and Cal State Long Beach while i wait for my UCI wait-list decision and i need help deciding between the two in the case that i don’t get accepted by UCI. My intended major is biomedical engineering, so can someone help me and offer some insight as to which school offers the better program?

P.S. on a side not, would UCI be better than both at the Biomedical engineering perspective?
Thank You

If it’s between a mid tier UC and a CSU, the answer is pretty obvious, is it not?

UCI and UCD wouldn’t really differ much in terms of quality of education. What you’ll need to consider in that case would be the location of both UCs, internship opportunities, your overall feel for each respective school’s environment, among other things. Visit both schools to see which one you like better, first if you do get accepted off the waitlist.

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-general/1879969-uc-davis-or-uc-irvine.html#latest

There’s already a thread on this with a detailed comparison between the two.

FYI: Double depositing/SIRing to 2 schools is unethical and you could get rescinded at both schools if found out.

With all the waiting list games the large CA public schools are playing these days, SIRing multiple campuses while waiting for you spot to open up is certainly appealing but, doesn’t come without peril. @gumbymom is correct, if they find out, you may get scratched at all 3 schools.

Of the 3 you list, Davis would be my first choice - as long as you can afford it and can hack it academically.

i was accepted off the WAITLIST for UCD and then SIR’ed so i will be most likely cancelling my csulb admission

My son is in the Biomedical (technically the Bio-clinical?) program at CSULB. Be aware that all of these hybrid Bio-X degrees vary greatly from college to college. At CSULB, the degree is identical to an Electrical Engineering degree except for 3-4 additional classes at the senior level. Long Beach’s program is geared toward medical equipment. At another school, it falls under Chemical Engineering, and is more geared to lab work rather than machinery.

My younger son was interested in Environmental Engineering and found that it was completely different from school to school as well. The newer engineering degree types have not yet been clearly defined, so be sure that what you THINK a degree means in terms of curriculum (and job prospects afterward) is what the school thinks.