Need Help Navigating myBama Portal

My daughter has been accepted and I’m trying to pick through the information on myBama.ua.edu, but there’s so much there! A lot of it is general information that applies to everyone, and some of it isn’t relevant to us yet, like stuff about grad school.

Is there a copy of the acceptance in there somewhere? She received the Presidential Scholarship, which was in a letter UA sent, but I can’t find confirmed on the portal anywhere. Will that be listed anywhere? Also, we received an email today saying they’ve got results from our FAFSA and I can access the financial aid info online, but when I look, it says no information is available at this time. I found another spot that tells me to refer to the myBama Financial Aid, Eligibility link, which I think I found under Student Services, but there doesn’t seem to be anything there either.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Financial aid won’t show until the spring, they are just showing that your FAFSA was received. She will receive a large acceptance packet in the mail. A lot of correspondence will come in the mail at this point. Has she applied for the Honors College? If not, I believe the deadline is very soon. I recommend it based on my dds experience.

Thanks. We have filled out the extra scholarship application that is due 12/15, but the Honors College App says there’s no formal deadline, so it’s on her to-do list for later.

@KimV2015 the Honors College app is very short and simple. Don’t put it off too long, if she wants to attend a Honors section of Bama Bound she must have already been accepted into the HC in order to sign up. Same for if she is interested in Honors housing.