New Financial Aid Link? Is this a sign?

On my portal, under financial aid, it shows the amount of aid I would receive from the university for “Financial Aid Year 2015-2016”

this was not here this morning. Is this a sign?

Granted this pertains to the situation you’re describing, I’d take a look at this thread from last year: http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-wisconsin-madison/1632019-received-financial-aid-package-on-portal-but-still-says-postponed.html
Try doing some more digging on the UW forum, lots of answers if you’re willing to devote the time to find them.

@BaseballBucky thank you for the link! I saw that before and I wasn’t sure how to apply it to this year as every academic year is different. But I sure hope it is a positive sign! Thanks again

Also a postponed applicant and did not see any amount of aid or a year posted in the Financial Aid link… so I wonder if it is a good sign for you and a bad one for me.

@UndecidedinSTL I’m with you as well. My initial thought was also that this means those of us who have not received it are out of luck, but try not to get too down. Still 11 days left in the month. Admissions may not have even had a chance to re-review our applications yet!

I don’t see anything under the financial aid link, but i’m an international applicant, and US universities (the US government) don’t offer any financial aid to international applicants unless it’s a scholarship from the university’s behalf.

Seeing it there could certainly be a positive sign, but not seeing it is in no way a negative sign. Many didn’t file a FAFSA and it’s probable that UW hasn’t updated everything and is still making decisions. Don’t read too much into any of it. The waiting is very hard but until you get a confirmed decision from the university, anything is possible.

I’ve these 3 under financial aid:

View Financial Aid
Accept/Decline Awards
Scholarships@UW-Madison

Does everyone have them?

Yes, but no aid posted under View FInancial Aid.

@Digitallyshrewd‌ Do you have any aid data present after clicking View Financial Aid or any of the other two links?

When I click “View Financial Aid” there is a link for Aid Year 2016. And then it has two links and one reads: Cost of Attendance, EFC, & Need.

@Kai407 After clicking View Financial Aid I get:
"Financial Aid

Select Aid Year to View

There is no financial aid information found.
Choose the aid year for which you wish to view or update your online financial aid information.

If the aid year you wish to view is not active, submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for that year."

I’m an international student so I don’t know what’s up with it.

Oh so have you all filled up the FAFSA?

I did

Yeah, that’s why you’re getting that message. Me being an international, am not eligible for the FAFSA!

I filed the FAFSA and haven’t got that message yet, still shows “nothing to show”. But I doubt it’s anything to worry about

Seeing that different people are seeing different things on their respective financial aid links, we could safely assume that notifications will be released soon. Anyone hoping for tonight?

Am I the only one with a link in my financial aid?

Did you get in?

ACCEPTED!