NHRP 2019 College Scholarship List

@dreamschool211
Is the Ohio State Morill Scholarship competetive? My DS is interested in OSU and I am trying to figure out possible merit money. Thanks!

Yes it’s very competitive. My daughter applied for 2017 and did not get it (goes to Miami U in Oxford Ohio with good merit) but my son got it 2 years later. However his stats were higher (34 ACT / 1520 SAT) and going into engineering.

@dreamschool19 Thank you for the info. That is terrific your students received those scholarships. My DS might apply to OSU and it is good to know our COA will likely be full OOS cost for this school.

1 Like

Actually I’ve heard Ohio state is generous with oos students but not so much with instate since instate tuition is very reasonable for everyone.

My OOS NHRP daughter is going to Ohio State in the fall. 1470 SAT and 3.65 gpa. Her merit offer was 14.5K/year versus 31.8K OOS tuition for Ohio State, which is 45-46%, a pretty good offer but not exceptional. Ohio State has some full rides for ultra-high stat kids who also must interview. She got 27K/yr (75% of OOS tuition) from Miami OH and 28K/Yr (full OOS tuition) from Arizona State, but chose Ohio State because she liked the school the best… Arizona State probably has the best NHRP offers in the country. Was offered 25K/yr by Syracuse, which was 46% of tuition cost (nice offer for SU). South Carolina has very good NHRP offers. Offered a reduction from OOS tuition to in-state tuition + 6K/yr.

Concerning the Morrill Scholarships at Ohio State, my daughter did not apply and was not interested. However, my take on reading about it is that it is very competitive and scholarships vary in amount. The school also expects a certain amount of sweat and work in return via participation in campus and community diversity and charitable activities and projects. You need to have a history of such activities to look good in the application process.

1 Like

NEW COLLEGE OF FLORIDA

Scholarship Value: $4,000 per year ($16,000 over 4 years) To receive this award you must be a National Hispanic Scholar recognized by the College Board National Hispanic Recognition Program.