No Early Decision Option for Fall 2024 Admission (nor Legacy advantage)

4 Likes

The changes also push the EA deadline from 12/1 to 11/15 for anyone else needing to update their spreadsheet

Those are some major changes from the past Going to be an interesting cycle.

I don’t see where they are giving any commitment dates for when they will announce decisions with the new early action

Going to be some disappointed students who wanted to do the binding early admission to get a real early decision

I think it would be great to move to a rolling decision system like Penn State. Tech already somewhat decides on a rolling basis so always better to get the application in as soon as it’s ready to go.

1 Like

I can’t find any info about when they intend to release EA decisions. Am I just missing it or…?

They are still saying “TBD” for notification dates. They did away with early decision this year (which was announced around Dec 9 last year) so I guess they haven’t decided yet when they will be ready.

In the past, early action was released on a Friday around February 17/18. Hoping it will be earlier this year without ED, but we shall see.

1 Like

Super helpful, thanks! And yes makes sense that they’d move the date at least a little earlier given that they moved the application date up. It’ll be interesting to see how many EA applications they get this first time around compared with prior years ED apps.

ugh - that seems like lightyears away!

1 Like

When will EA acceptances be released?

1 Like

No one (outside of Admissions, and maybe even inside) knows. They probably have an internal target based on how many applications they received, but they’re only saying TBD. My personal guess is that it will be earlier than EA was released last year, but I have no skin in the game. Follow VT admissions on social media and they’ll report any dates there. Last year, they gave us a few days heads up.

1 Like