No Recs...Mistake?

<p>Wisconsin is my #1 target school (I would not attend only if I got into one of my 5 high reaches)...I'm in-state resident and my dad teaches there. But since all my other apps are due in January, I've been (stupidly) slow at sending them teacher recs. I'd hate to get postponed/rejected.</p>

<p>Does anyone who goes to Wisconsin have a good idea if lack of teacher recs might keep me out. I have 3.6 UW gpa (downward trend, but I switched to a top 15 boarding school...I don't know if UW cares about high school rigor?), 33 ACT, 2230 SAT, decent leaderships, speak Hebrew if that matters, and wrote both their optional essays...</p>

<p>Not much info of course, and decisions aren't that predictable. But just curious if anyone had advice.</p>

<p>the safe thing would be to send them, but i really dont see them rejecting you. as long as you put time into your essays, you're fine.</p>

<p>it shouldn't be a problem. I got accepted before I sent in my recommendation (3.75 unweighted gpa, 33 act). You have high test scores and decent grades, so you'd probably be accepted with or without a recommendation anyway, as long as everything else is good</p>

<p>Thanks for your opinions. I'm glad to hear I still have a decent shot, because It's been 4 weeks, and there's a good chance my teacher rec will come in after I've been decided on.</p>

<p>Adcom tends to treat their own "family members" with special care. Let the adcom know that the letter is coming so they don't assume the worst.</p>