Nonpartier at Madison?

<p>Hi CoffeeAddict, as a member of the largest Fraternity in UW's greek system I'd love to give you some information on Sororities.</p>

<p>Contrary to popular sterotypes, there are certainly Sorority women who drink little to none at all. In fact, almost all the Sorority houses I've been in have strict rules that forbid drinking anywhere in the house. These houses are very well kept up, and often have house mothers who take care of them, as well as chefs for the girls living in. </p>

<p>When I first walked into a Sorority house I mentioned that it was somewhat like stepping back into the 50's, because the houses are all so beautiful and antiquated. They're really a sight.</p>

<p>Also, I wouldn't be afraid of not being able to find believing Christians in the Greek system, as I'd say my proportion of friends who are atheists is actually larger outside the Greek system than within. </p>

<p>I suggest that you visit uwgreek.com and take a look at some of the sororities' self descriptions on the site. Perhaps when you arrive in the fall you'll be able to visit several and find your niche. </p>

<p>Also, someone previously mentioned that the Greek system is relatively small at UW. This depends on your viewpoint- it is only ten percent of the university population, yet ten percent of a school as large as UW is still quite large. You certainly won't run out of people to meet.</p>

<p>If you do choose to rush in the fall, I suggest asking girls during events what the atmosphere of the house is, especially inquiring whether there are a good proportion of girls like yourself who would rather have a drink or two and hang out rather than going overboard.</p>

<p>good luck!</p>