party scene at UW Madison....

<p>Hey! I really like UW Madison and I think with my stats I can get in. What I am concerned about is the party scene. I am okay with other people drinking. Just wanted to know: How bad is the peer pressure? I will be going as an international students and I really don't want to get into any troubles with my visa due to underage drinking (or anything else, like duh! :P ). So if someone currently studying there could tell me of the "situations" and ways to avoid them, that would be great. </p>

<p>There are many similar students at UW and no, I don’t think they are as involved in the “party scene”. Many seem to like hanging out at the coffee places and Asian restaurants</p>

<p>Ultimately, it will be your decision as to whether or not you do any drugs ( which includes alcohol ). Avoid the “situations” by not going to parties and focusing on your studies instead.</p>

<p>Some dorms seem to have the reputation more than others as the place where parties choose to live, and other dorms are the opposite.</p>

<p>*partiers</p>

<p>This is college, not HS. You choose the people you want to be with and don’t worry about the others. There are enough people on campus to find those with similar interests, including how to spend free time. Don’t worry.</p>