Northeastern Early Decision and Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

thanks @mtemmd. Very helpful, thanks! And best to your son. It sure seems like he should have an excellent shot, but who knows?

Thanks. As I told him, it’s a total crapshoot when a school has a 19% acceptance rate.

Just like my older son, he will land where he is meant to be!

2 Likes

How much money do kids make at Coops at north eastern ?

That varies significantly by major. Computer Science being the highest followed by Engineering and Business. Here are the average earnings for 2020-2021 in CS. Hiring A Co-op: Offers And Compensation - Khoury College of Computer Sciences (northeastern.edu)

2 Likes

Can a student apply ED to NEU and ea to other schools? I know only one school can be Ed, just wasn’t clear on ea

1 Like

Yes, but if you are accepted ED you are required to withdraw the applications from the EA schools.

1 Like

Thanks!

Hello! I’m planning on applying ED1 to Northeastern, it’s my top choice school but definitely a reach! You said they accepted 550 of the 1,478 ED1 applicants last year, does that number include NU.in acceptances?

I don’t think it does. This year’s freshman class is substantially overenrolled because 1 in 3 students accepted admission rather than 1 in 4. My prediction is that there will be fewer acceptances and more waitlisting this year, so if you would really like to attend I think ED is a smart choice.

6 Likes

My son was admitted to NEU last year with a SAT score of 1400 and 6 AP tests scores of either a 4 or a 5. He submitted his scores. I would submit your score, which is very good.

2 Likes

My D22 has applied EA to Northeastern. She got similar information from her GC that @mtemmd got from an admissions counselor at Northeastern. My D has a 32, but the middle 50% for Northeastern according to their website is 33-35, and the GC recommended applying test optional because her score was not at the top of the middle 50% range.

Here is a part of a document from Northeastern Undergraduate Admissions from their website. The document is called Test-Optional and Standardized Testing FAQ:

How do I decide whether to submit standardized testing or not?
You should put your best foot forward when applying to Northeastern, by showcasing your
application in the best or most positive way possible. If you submit standardized testing, you
want to submit testing which is competitive for admission to Northeastern.
Consider our middle 50% score ranges, when available. If your scores are within the middle 50% or above, submitting your scores may make your application more favorable, although simply receiving a perfect SAT or ACT score does not in any way guarantee admission. For students who applied and were admitted to Northeastern in Fall 2020, 50% of the admitted students scored between 1470 and 1540 on the SAT, or 33 and 35 on the ACT.

She decided to apply test optional.

1 Like

Has she already applied? I thought it didn’t open until 10/1?

if he has a lower GPA the 1480 could help but if he has a high GPA you won’t need the SAT. I personally think 1480 for ED gets you in

@mtemmd , yes, my D has applied. I believe she did in mid-August.

Oh wow. Good luck!

My son had a 1470, applied ED, did not submit score last year and got in. GL.

3 Likes

Thank you for posting. My son is in the same boat. If you put no to submitting the score on the Common-app, do you still send the scores to other schools where your child is applying regular decision if the score is in or above 50%.

My son also got a 32. I just changed the common-app to “No.” Even if it says no on the Common-app how do you send the scores to regular decision or EA colleges where the 50% range is 32-34?

Hi @mer1 , I think my daughter answers the questions for each school specifically. So I don’t think she said No to submitting the scores when doing her Common App, in general. For the Northeastern application, she said No, do not send. I could be wrong as to how it is done. For the other schools she’s applying to, she fills out their questions and gives her scores. I have the job of going on the ACT website after she does an application, and I send her official scores to that school. That way we know it was sent. However, each school is a little different and the kids can self-report their scores on their application and that is good enough. But for Northeastern, I did not send the official scores, and she did not report them on the Common App for them.

1 Like

Hi, @Winky1 Do you know if this published range is based on the superscore or single-sitting?