Northeastern Early Decision and Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

anyone from CA yet?

Son accepted for University Honors in IR major with very good scholarship (Texas)… Pretty exciting

7 Likes

I know it’s easier said than done but try not to beat yourself up over it. So many factors come in to play. My daughters friend/classmate had 12AP’s, several dual enrollment, played three varsity sports, in student government, worked a job, hundreds of hours of community service, etc. and was denied at Univ of Georgia but waitlisted at Duke. Two completely different schools. Sometimes it’s about fit and not just stats.
The last couple of years have been unpredictable with some schools. I’m sure wherever you land you will succeed. Keep your head up!

5 Likes

accepted into honors college with 28k scholarship per year! from illlinois. biochem major
Stats:
3.98 UW/ 4.83 weighted
1570 SAT (submitted)
AP: 11, mostly 4s and 5s

7 Likes

Michigan is out?

Has anyone gotten denied? I think I saw 1 or 2 students. Isn’t that odd? How can they not be denying people?

2 Likes

my daughter got into NU Bound, 3.7 uw, 1510 SAT. Is NU Bound good?

1 Like

Most who get denied don’t post on college confidential.

4 Likes

My daughter’s entire grade got deferred
, 1 kid got accepted. Not sure what the criteria is when there are so essays and everyone is equally good.

1 Like

yes! at least for me it is

Twins from NJ accepted NUin

4.4W and 4.3W GPAs
Test optional (did not submit 32 ACT)
8 APs - 4s and 5s
Great writers
History/Business majors
Lots of community service, leadership, part-time jobs

9 Likes

Congrats on their acceptance!!

1 Like

Are you all getting decisions via Common App or is there a school specific portal? We are in MD.

You do not get decisions on the Common App. You have to get them on the school portal.

2 Likes

deferred
New York
engineering
1370SAT

1 Like

my daughter got into NU Bound. How is NU Bound? is it less prestigious compared to regular admission? what is the acceptance rate for this program?

1 Like

Step DD admitted to NUin!

3 Likes

Accepted into honors w/ $35k scholarship per year.
From Texas, Architecture major
Stas:
GPA: 110.26 W
ACT: 35 (submitted)
APs: 10 (plus 4 more senior year), mostly 4’s and 5’s
EC’s: Student council president, NHS officer, DECA, Science Research & Design (competed & won. I think this was what helped me the most?), Science Olympiad, International Club, Internship @ architecture firm. (There’s more but I don’t think they were important to my application).

10 Likes

YIELD PROTECTION!!!

I got deferred, my sister got deferred 2 years ago but ended up going to UPenn.

5 Likes

Deferred in VA
35 ACT
4.2W, 3.8UW
8APs

1 Like