Northeastern Early Decision and Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Since it’s “optional”, I would not send. Imo, majority of scores submitted will be high. Some very high. A 1460 is a fabulous score, but at some competitive universities, it’s not in the published 50% range. That’s the indicator we used to go TO.

1 Like

1460 is a good score for NU, especially in ED

3 Likes

We noticed the same, so we sent official scores from ACT ASAP on Oct 19. We’re a bit worried the scores won’t get there before the November 1 deadline. I looked at the website and it doesn’t say that they accept self-reported scores even though you can report them on the Common App. I’m wondering if that’s why they don’t appear in the review. On other applications where they do appear, it’s for schools that specifically say they will accept self-reported scores. My advice is to send yours in from Collegeboard or ACT ASAP if you’re applying early action.

1 Like

Thanks! I did apply EA, and I got my portal a day or two ago. I checked for my SAT scores, and they haven’t shown up yet. I sent them 8 days ago (Oct 17), so they may take a little bit longer to process. I’m still a little concerned that I don’t see my AP scores. They weren’t on the pdf from the Common App (even though they were filled in and were sent normally to my other EA schools), and I don’t see any option on the portal to view them anywhere.

Northeastern’s website is not clear about whether official AP scores need to be submitted with the application. It says “Freshman are eligible to receive credit from Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) examinations, or from certain international maturity certificate examinations. Learn more here.” But it doesn’t say that they have to be submitted with the application.

In contrast, the website does say that high school transcripts and college transcripts “must be submitted”.

Does anyone know for sure?

AP scores didn’t show up on my D’s pdf application either. Maybe they are hidden from applicant’s view but visible to admissions? There is no info about it that I can find on the website.

After calling admission about the lack of testing information on the common app PDF viewer, they said that if the applicant had specified that they wanted their test scores considered, the college would pull them off the common app and when the student checked their student portal their scores would be there.

1 Like

I just posted an answer to this which you may find helpful. I called admission about the no testing information on the common app PDF viewer, they said that if the applicant had specified that they wanted their test scores considered, the college would pull them off the common app and when the student checked their student portal their scores would be there.

1 Like

Based on my experience with my older kid, it takes several days for the scores to get reflected on the student portal.

Yes that is what the admissions person indicated. It may take a little time but not to worry they will pull the scores down if you indicated you wanted them considered as part of your application.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! Now the wait begins lol

Does anyone know if there is a grace period for documents for EA? I’m trying to decide if I need to pay for expedited college transcript submission through NSC - regular would be 5-7 business days.

I think you should call the Admissions Office. CC can be helpful but with important deadlines I wouldn’t go by secondhand information.

1 Like

Did Any one who submitted using this link last week get a reply? regarding early read - financial aid

On their website under ED there’s a link: Early Decision Benefits | Undergraduate Admissions

Application sent! Now the waiting game. Good luck everyone!!!

8 Likes

EA or ED? Scores or no? You can’t leave us hanging, lol!

ED, no scores. I left that decision up to my son and it was not easy, but I was really proud of him. Watching him talk through it really gave me a glimpse into the man he is becoming.

Thanks to all who helped me panic my way through this. So crazy! I don’t think he could have had a score other than what he got that would have made me question it so much.

4 Likes

Good choice! Good luck to him!

Thank you!

Just did. There is a grace period, but didn’t specify how long.

1 Like