Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

There were perhaps 60,000 EA applications. There are maybe a couple hundred posting here. And CC’ers are not likely a random sample of all applicants.

Also they likely want to release decisions to those who got the email this morning first.

2 Likes

I don’t think It’s a bad assumption at all. Northeaster’s admissions process this year has been terrible and I wouldn’t be surprised

2 Likes

Remember NEU likely wasn’t prepared to send out today. Hell, they may not even have denial letters ready!

3 Likes

Their own fault

1 Like

Did everyone who posted about being accepted get the notice at the same time? Maybe 4pm EST? Or have they actually been rolling out at staggered times and some got their decision in the last 30 minutes? Just not sure if today’s notices are done. What a messed up process!

2 Likes

FWIW, scholarship letter is dated Jan 30th. My guess is they were planning to release the results on Monday. Admission letter is dated Jan 28th. Suggesting they scrambled today.

5 Likes

Right? Very messed up.

2 Likes

No, she didn’t.

There was no notice to check the portal for a decision. The only email was the ambiguous email early this morning, “Claim Your Northeastern University Online Account.”

3 Likes

Honestly my stats are average. 99.4/100w GPA, 2 president leadership positions for STEM clubs, co cap of math team, and other things but I haven’t been rejected. I don’t think anyone has been rejected yet.

2 Likes

it sounds like some people got a second email telling them there was a portal update, and some didn’t. Wow, this really is a hot mess

UT Austin does the same thing each year. Send acceptances in waves, rejections at the very end.

2 Likes

ouch

1 Like

What time EST did ppl get decisions today?

Yes

1 Like

4PM in NJ my friend told me

Don’t even want to go to this school anymore, so much money.

2 Likes

lol same I didn’t know how expensive the school was

3 Likes

Goin to a school like NU is just name recognition at this point. Great school don’t get me wrong but 80k a year is a price I’d have to hike out of pocket myself

3 Likes

Did