Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

What? No

2 Likes

Re Boston acceptances, I saw twoā€¦one said ā€œa friendā€ and the other said ā€œNu In Bostonā€ which is not really Boston

3 Likes

I donā€™t really think so. I could be wrong but Iā€™m thinking they sent out majority of acceptances today, then tomorrow theyā€™re gonna send out 50/50 acceptances & deferrals/rejections, and on Monday all rejections/deferrals.

1 Like

No one got rejected today, that means they only gave acceptances today

2 Likes

Best to create a new thread to ask this question.

1 Like

No update yet, CS major, Boston only. FL

No email this morning.

2 Likes

No email was received and no decision received.

Okay, but very few (if any) 4y Boston approvals. Not going to be spending the next 2 days deferring and denying.

4 Likes

Did everyone who got that email today also get their admissions decision?

Is anybody unable to access their merit/financial aid award when i try to open it it prompts me to login in with Microsoft

Got the email this morning and admission decision this afternoon

1 Like

My twin brother and I both got NUin!
Me:
SAT 1510
Unweighted 95
12 APs all 5ā€™s so far (5 pending)
Played trumpet for 8 years
Piano for 5 years
DECA national finalist
Lots of volunteering

Brother
Did not submit SAT
Unweighted 96
7 APā€™s 4 and 5
Tons of Leadership
DECA international finalist
Musical Theater
Saxophone for 8 years
All State Sax
Lots of volunteering

5 Likes

Try rebooting your computer or phone.

1 Like

I am convinced that glitch happened for Nu in acceptances and there will be acceptances for other programs over the next couple of days. There is not a single acceptance for Boston. Good luck to all who didnā€™t receive an email.

8 Likes

Had to switch from safari to chrome, wont be attending sadly scholarship offer was way below what we needed hopefully other people get in soon. Guess this is just how the admission process works.

2 Likes

same

1 Like

So did anyone get in EA to Boston campus yet?

3 Likes

My son didnā€™t receive an email this morning and didnā€™t get a decision, last time he checked.

Disappointing but we were also hoping for a little more merit for Hispanic Recognition if he got in and it sounds like the amounts are not as much as years past. So if heā€™s deferred and later gets in, might be too expensive.

His stats:

3.95 UWGPA
1520 SAT
9 APs
lots of honors classes
National Merit Commended
CB natā€™l Hispanic scholar
Attended highly selective precollege STEM prog.
President of 2 academic clubs
Other ECs and 2 other summer progs

4 Likes

He could get a merit scholarship. Wait and see.
Good luck.

4 Likes

Based on the accepted reports posted (with large enough sample size), I think Confidence interval is >95% that the email fiasco was for NuIn/Global Scholars programs only and that decisions were released to those programs only in the first wave. So folks who opted Boston Only or accepted to Boston campus hopefully should see their decisions on Monday. Good luck.

10 Likes