Northwestern Class of 2027 Official Thread

Applied as an Engineering major.

I’m so sorry. This year makes zero sense.

waitlisted

2 Likes

took a fat L on this one

1 Like

Same here :face_with_diagonal_mouth:, good luck to him, he will do good wherever he goes :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

It’s a no here. Ugh.

1 Like

Accepted! Did not expect as I forgot to request interview

3 Likes

Rejected and very disappointed as well, hoping next week’s decisions can be more positive.

1 Like

OMG OMG OMG D23 got in! School of communication. Theatre major (I think??? It’s not listed in the letter). We are both shaking!
For future portal astrologists, no changes in portal, except for with withdraw button disappearing. No extra docs in financial aid portal other than CSS, and FAFSA and whatever was there from the very beginning of the process. So no changes in any indicators still led to acceptance!
Also, interview requested but not given. Did not tour school (but attended registered webinars, like the live tour and the admission info) and signed up for campus tour for end of April, just in case. Why NU essay included some things that she thought was unique about NU based on the livestream tour.

7 Likes

Waitlisted?? Applied for Medill. I’m very surprised and um weirdly satisfied lol.

1 Like

Rejected
Valedictorian, 14 APs, 6 DEs, 4.65 GPA
Applied for math I think

4 Likes

Thanks, wishing you the best as well.

1 Like

Thanks, it’s been stressful.

52000 Applications 2100 Spots with 62% yield. So they accepted around 3390 with a 6.5% Acceptance Rate. And they prob accepted 50% of their class ED, fair enough.

1 Like

we are waiting for 3 other schools on the 30th, ivy day, but in the mean time we have 2 safe schools in state lined up :+1: Maybe is for the best sometime

3 Likes

Rejected. 4.0, IB diploma, 1560 SAT, job, 1 year internship, tons of leadership, volunteering, etc. Ugh. Been a bad week. We now have 5 waitlists and this rejection.

2 Likes

It all works out in the long run but Northwestern was my son’s favorite school so this is a tough one. We might get all rejections for the next week. Very sad for these kids who worked so hard.

2 Likes

Waitlisted

1 Like

Congrats! That’s what we were hoping for. It’s a tough one. But you got it! That’s awesome! Enjoy!

2 Likes

It’s alright. In nowadays, you need some luck in addition to great performance.

2 Likes