Norwegian chances

<p>Hello,
I'm a 19 year old Norwegian who wants to attend Purdue U as a undergraduate student. I knew from I was about 15 that this was the school for me, and I even visited it when I was 16. </p>

<p>My grades:
The Norwegian grading system is obviously different then the US system. Our grading system goes like this: From 1 to 6. 1 is failing, 6 is the best.
My grade average is 4.2. </p>

<p>In Norway, this is a fairly good GPA, and I would probably get into most colleges with that GPA. But I am concerned that it might not be enough in American/Purdue standards. I don't know if it is easier to get good grades in USA, or if Norwegians are generally doing bad in school, but thats the way it is.</p>

<p>Extracurricular activity:
Extracurricular activities has nothing to do with schools in Norway. It does not add in to the equation when we apply for college in Norway, so it's not too common to do any. If you want to do any extracurricular activities however, it is all voluntary. </p>

<p>I did however do some community service and youth politics during high school.</p>

<p>TOEFL:
I have not taken the TOEFL yet, but I am doing it next week. Do not know what to expect, but I do believe I will do fairly good. </p>

<p>SAT:
I am not taking the SAT test. </p>

<p>I know that it might be hard to pass a judgment whether I have a chance or not out of the small amounts of facts I have provided, but please give it a try. </p>

<p>So, what do you think my chances are? </p>

<p>Thank you for your time!</p>

<p>Well what major are you applying for?</p>

<p>Oh, I forgot about that part.
I’m thinking Business or Hospitality Management.</p>

<p>I obviously can’t say for sure, but if you have a pretty solid GPA, lots of extracurriculars, good test scores and a solid essay you should have a good shot. There are two girls on my floor from Belgium so I do know that even though the systems are different it shouldn’t change your chances.</p>