November Gratitude Thread

I’m grateful for the warmer weather after our hard freeze. It makes not having heat these last few days easier to bear. A 60 degree house isn’t that terrible. It’s not much less than the 63-64 we keep it at, though 63 with a boiler running does feel significantly better.

And while a leaky steam pipe encased in asbestos isn’t the best thing, we have been planning to have it removed since we moved in 17 years ago. Now we are getting the ball rolling on that. They removed enough today to get the pipe fixed hopefully this afternoon or tomorrow.

4 Likes

Thankful to live in San Diego and be able to get outside to enjoy our beautiful November weather. Hike with H and D 2 at Torrey Pines yesterday.

9 Likes

Grateful that the smoke from the marsh fires is no longer affecting our area.

4 Likes

I am thankful for my husband and kids, even the one who does t speak to us. They are in various forms of adulting, but they are getting there.

3 Likes

Grateful that goskids live near us…having them for Sunday night dinner warms this Mama’s heart…

1 Like

Today I am grateful that the sun decided to make an appearance for part of our daily walk, that the temperature is a very comfortable 57 degrees, and that the predicted rain didn’t fall while we were walking.

4 Likes

Thankful today that 2/3 of my offspring live in my county and the other 1/3 welcomes my sleepover visits.

5 Likes

Please don’t eat your kids.

3 Likes

@ChoatieMom …lol…appears I forgot the words “join us”

2 Likes

I am grateful to have both adult sons living nearby and am grateful I get to see college friends this weekend.

I am also grateful my husband and I are in good health to still have lots of fun together.

4 Likes

I’m thankful I can jog in the mornings without dying.

6 Likes

Today I’m grateful to those who reject apathy.

6 Likes

They’d probably taste better than me :joy:

Today I am grateful for my hairdresser. (I visited him today for a bang trim.)

2 Likes

Me, too, @kelsmom! Yesterday, my AZ hairdresser “fixed” what happened to my hair in the woods of Maine last July–that “shave” is a full two inches above my natural hairline!

It took four months for that atrocity to fill in. Thankfully, the chipmunks pretended not to notice and DH, always a comfort, said, “Well, you look fine from the front.”

Moral: Don’t get your hair cut in the woods.

There ARE good hairstylists in Maine! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ll PM you next summer for a rec, @MaineLonghorn. I’ve struck out twice in my area.

1 Like

I guess I should be grateful for my hairdresser!

Really, I’m grateful for just about everything in my life. I think I’m pretty lucky to be where I am.

6 Likes

Saw my hairdresser today. I love her and am grateful for her every day.

She’s a great mom, friend to her coworkers, and is always genuine.

I think the world of her as a person, and yeah, I like her as my stylist for the last 10+ years, too!

6 Likes

Just plain thankful as we are so blessed. I think this every day.

5 Likes