Number of nursing students in Direct Entry BSN programs

<p>Other than contacting each program individually does anyone have any idea of the number of nursing students admitted into any of the ones on the Direct Entry List?</p>

<p>Just wondering how large each nursing program is generally.
I know a few regular posters here are familiar with York College of PA, and would appreciate info on that school especially!
Thanks in advance</p>

<p>The Univ. of Delaware receives around 1500 applications for its Nursing Program. UD accepts around 300 students to end up with a freshman Nursing class of around 135 (usually including about 80-85 OOS students). Admission is highly competitive. The acceptance rate for OOS applicants is less than 20% with the majority of applicants being from OOS.</p>

<p>The best source of comparable information for the size of a nursing class in each college is to look at the number of students who took the RN certification test each year from each school. That is posted online for many states (including the first time pass rates for the exam for each college), including for nursing programs located within PA. It doesn’t tell you have many students entered, but it tells you how many made it through to the senior year and were eligible to take the test. </p>

<p>If a college offers a RN program for people who already have a bachelors degree, those students would probably also be included in the totals. </p>

<p>I believe York College of PA says their nursing program is about 600 total students, which is about 12% of the total enrollment. I think they have something like 125 entering per year, plus some grad students. As of last year, if you didn’t accept your offer of nursing admission by around the end of December, you may have to do the 4.5 year program instead of the 4 year program.</p>

<p>Fantastic information…I will check the test results for various states…Thanks so much- greatly appreciated</p>

<p>in case anyone is wondering, NYU accepts 60 students</p>

<p>@anonye. NYU accepts 60 students? How many of those end up in the program each year??? </p>

<p>No, out of all the applications and all the acceptances, only 60 are accepted into nursing. </p>

<p>@anonye. Don’t know what you mean. If there are 60 in each starting class how many were accepted? ( hint. It’s not only 60). If you are saying only 60 are accepted how many are in each class ( it’s gonna be less than 60). </p>

<p>Yeah, for example, if NYU has a 50% acceptance rate (number of students accepting admission divided by the total number of students offered admission), then NYU would put out offers of admission to about 120 kids to reach their target of 60. I could find acceptance rates for the universities as a whole, but never for just the nursing department.</p>

<p>^^ I think you mean " yield ", not acceptance rate.
In order for a program to have a final 60 ( or whatever # of spots they have ), they need to make more than 60 offers because some students will come & some will not.
Eventhough the # of offers are " more than 60 or whatever ", it is still very competitive to get admitted. </p>

<p>Ha, yes “yield” is the correct term, just couldn’t recall it this AM…not enough coffee yet!</p>

<p>Thank you guys for clarifying it for me!</p>

<p>Yes, some colleges play games with their stats. “We received 500 applications for only 100 seats.” However, they may have accepted 200 or 300 students in order to get 100 students. At some expensive colleges with poor financial aid, they may need to accept 500 students to get 100 enrolled. </p>