Nursing Class of 2026 (Direct Admit BSN)

Did anyone else receive a “we are not able to offer admission” email from Seattle U for the school of nursing? If not, you are still in the running :smile:

"I am writing to inform you that we are not able to offer you admission to the Nursing program at Seattle University. We received many more qualified applications than we were able to offer space to within our Nursing cohort, and this year’s applicant pool proved to be very competitive.

We were, however, impressed by your academic accomplishments and would like to offer you admission to Seattle University in a different major. We recognize that Nursing may be your first and only choice. However, if you are open to attending Seattle University in a different program, we want to give you the opportunity to consider that option. Should you attend Seattle U in another program of your choice, please note that you cannot enter the Nursing program upon completion of the prerequisites."

Regis University in Denver came in yesterday. They don’t have a strong online presence to get an idea of how LGBTQ friendly it is but its worth a look. 23k merit and 3k per year while living on campus.

UWGPA 4.0
No test scores

3 Likes

Just got an email from USF. Good news is that she got in and that is truly her first choice school. Bad news is that we simply cant afford that even with a 27K scholarship. Moving on…

3 Likes

Congratulations to your daughter. It has been getting more difficult to be admitted. Perhaps approach them with a $ amount that would make it work?

Congrats @RNmomof4 on USF! Worth celebrating tonight.

1 Like

UDel is making this tempting! D just got the acceptance to the Honors College tonight!

6 Likes

Posting more updates and summary.

3.98 UW GPA
27 ACT but only submitted to some
4 AP/14 honors
Strong ECs and LOR
Good essay
White female from PA

Duquesne, $23k annual merit
Pitt TO, $2k annual merit
UDel TO, $15k annual merit
Penn State TO, rejected from UP offered branch campus
U of South Carolina Pre Nursing, accepted no merit (shouldn’t have sent scores in hindsight)
Scranton, $22k annual merit

2 Likes

Have you received your U Scranton admittance?

When did you hear from Scranton?

We just heard from our first nursing program.

White girl from MA
Independent school with no GPA and no APs
29 ACT
Good athlete/captain (not looking to play probably given the major)

Emmanuel College- $27k merit
Salve Regina University
Endicott College
University of New England
Assumption University
Sacred Heart University
Northeastern University (sib attends)
UMass Dartmouth
UMass Boston
Roger Williams University (no nursing, hubby works there)

Our list was formed based on a tuition benefit, which can be competitive depending on the institution.

4 Likes

Came in the mail today unexpectedly, portal not updated yet though.

1 Like

Thank you

Just curious…did you submit your scores to Pitt?

Congrats @MAandMEmom and @tumagmom :slight_smile:

U of Scranton didn’t come in our mail today.

I suppose the only way that we could do Scranton is with the full Presidential Scholarship. They post on their website that no additional applications are needed for the Presidential. I doubt they give out many of those.

(U of Scranton)

Financial Aid

A separate application is not required. – All accepted applicants are automatically evaluated for merit aid based on the completed Admissions application. Scholarship recipients will be notified in their acceptance letters. The University of Scranton is test optional.

Presidential Scholarship

Full-tuition scholarship

Dean’s Scholarship

$24,500 average award

Loyola Scholarship

$21,000 average award

Arrupe Scholarship

$20,000 average award

Faber Scholarship

$17,000 average award

Their cost is:

Tuition & Fees

Traditional Undergraduate Costs for 2021-2022*

Tuition $48,062

University Fee $400

Room and Board $16,090

Total Direct Cost $64,552

From our portal:

You have applied Early Action for the 2022 Fall and the major on your application is: Nursing.

What’s next? Early Action applications are currently being reviewed, and decision notification begins on or around December 15. (So for others who haven’t received theirs yet, it should be any day now.)

Scholarships: Accepted students are automatically considered for scholarships; no separate application is needed. Students are notified in their acceptance letter if they receive a scholarship.

also, just learned tonight that in order to be eligible for NEAP at U of Utah, you need to have less than 30 DE credits.

I had read on their site when initially looking at the program:
"“NEAP candidates must either be a high school senior or a college first-year with fewer with than 30 credit hours, who have demonstrated academic excellence.”

I interpreted that as be a hs senior (pause) OR a first year with less that 30u.

When contacting NEAP a few days ago, this was their response today “Thanks for reaching out! We require all applicants to have less than 30 credit hours when applying to NEAP, so it sounds like you will not be eligible.”

Too bad, I have only run into that with West Chester in PA. All the other schools so far have NOT penalized a kiddo for taking too much DE.

Did receive admission to Westminster in Utah with 28K scholarship so if she really does want to be in SLC Utah, that could be a viable option. I cant really find any info online the pros and cons of each. The biggest difference is that U to Utahs program is shorter because you need to continue over the summer. I wish other schools would do that. It seems that would allow more students to enter a program to help with the nursing shortages.

if you applied to U of Scranton, check your portals.

Daughter got 24k merit which brings the cost of tuition, room, and board to $39,708

Thats a no go for us due to cost…

2 Likes

Congrats on the admission, but sorry it’s not a good option.

Anyone apply to Drexel’s nursing program? If yes, did you hear anything yet today?

We just received URI EA decision for nursing today. DD was accepted today into the nursing program.

6 Likes

Same here! Not an option so she is not interested in Penn State any longer.