Nursing Class of 2026 (Direct Admit BSN)

Very true. We will def have some good choices when spring comes around.

When this process is over, I will post a chart of what each school offered in merit to help other coming up behind us.

How about Indiana Univ of PA, Edinboro University ¶, Bloomsburg U ¶. All state colleges and less than Penn State. lots of on campus living. Hospitals in same location or nearby.

She applied to IUP and Bloomsburg and got into both already. IUP gave her 5,500 per year towards tuition and I can’t find how much Bloomsburg gave.

We have submitted FAFSA so we wait
 :slight_smile:

Ok so I just found what Bloomsburg offered. “The Good Neighbor Academic Excellence Scholarship” $3500 for 8 semesters so basically 7k per year scholarship. OOS tuition is 19,290 while in state is 7,716. (UW GPA 4.0)

Recently turned in FAFSA so I don’t know what that will do. I don’t imagine it will do much

Just sharing so that other OOS direct admit nursing hopefuls get an idea of Bloomsburg’s cost

Wondering if you know if the Cal states are looking at SAT/ACT scores? I ask because SDSU published 2020 score admits on their website. So are they considering the scores?

Congrats? Where is IUP? We are trying to stay near Southern California.

No the Cal states are test blind for the 2022 admission cycle. Each campus however is using supplemental criteria for their application review in lieu of the test scores.

For SDSU Nursing: Nursing : You must earn a B or better grade in high school intermediate algebra, biology, and chemistry with lab courses for consideration. If AP or IB level courses are taken in these areas, you must earn a B or better grade in the course. Preference is given to applicants who have taken and earned strong grades in science and mathematics courses.

Special consideration is given to students who have overcome life obstacles, participated in college preparatory programs, and attend high schools within SDSU’s local admission area.

For other Cal state campuses, the link for the supplemental factors are here: https://www.calstate.edu/attend/counselor-resources/Documents/2021%20-%202022%20CSU%20Campus%20Admission%20Factors%20Summary.pdf

IUP is Indiana University of Pennsylvania. It is in western Pennsylvania.

@lisa9521

Daughter already submitted for SDSU and is now working on the 3200 word essay for Fullerton. (Lots of hoops for Fullerton- interview etc) She will also submit to UCLA and UCI. Will fall over if she gets into any of these. :wink: SDSU is the easiest application (no essay) so maybe that’s why they get so many applications.

U of Utah and U of NM are WUE schools and drivable from So Cal. Daughter got into U of NM but then you need to submit another application (Nov 1) for the nursing school. Haven’t heard back yet on Utah. Also applied to ASU and waiting on that as well. Those seem to be the closest to So Cal for direct admit other than the VERY COMPETITIVE Cal schools. :confused: Of course there is U of San Fran which has a beautiful campus but it is very $$$ even with the 25K merit scholarship. If money was no object, I could see my daughter at U of San Fran for sure.

@Gumbymom

I didn’t realize that SDSU direct admit nursing give priority to locals. They sure do for transfers.

When I spoke with SDSU admissions, it seems GPA and the quantity/quality of A-G classes was the primary admission criteria.

I had heard that locals at San Marcos get priority but not SDSU for nursing. Well, it is what it is! :slight_smile:

Do you know why they are still publishing the ACT/SAT scores if they are test blind? They have last years scores for the median applicant listed.

Thank you. We added U of Utah to the common app. Will be applying there. We decided she needed to be close to save expenses.

I called San Marcos and was told that only certain counties would be considered for direct entry. But I can’t find the counties list. I guess I will call again tomorrow.

@lisa9521

Can you please post the county list for San Marcos when you get it?

THANKS!

@lisa9521

Daughter got a 35K scholarship to U of Arizona for a 4.0 UW. It is not a direct admit BUT we are open to it. I assume your kiddo has close to that if you are considering Cal schools. That makes is the cheapest option so far. (for a family that won’t get need money)

Need to learn more about U of A for sure but its worth a look if you are concerned about cost.

There are direct admit schools north that are drivable (Oregon and Wash) but they are $$$ even with merit scholarships.

SDSU did not update their 2021 Nursing admit profile yet so they are still showing the 2020 admits with SAT/ACT scores. If and when they update, test scores should not be included since they were not considered for the 2021 admits.

Edited for SDSU Nursing 2021:
Applications: 6011
Admitted: 439
Enrolled: 153
7% acceptance rate.

@lisa9521:

Here is the San Marcos local admission area:

Those high schools that are north of Hwy 56 in San Diego County plus Capistrano and Saddleback Valley, Hemet, Lake Elsinore, Murrieta Valley, San Jacinto, Temecula, and Val Verde districts.

Local priority is a general statement on the SDSU website so it may or may not pertain to the Nursing program.

@Gumbymom

Thanks for current info on SDSU admission

Thank you for the clarification. It was my belief that they were waiving test scores last year as well. Meaning they were not considering them for admission. So 2021 will be the first year they do not consider the ACT/SAT scores for admission. That clears things up.

It is my understanding that only those cities that gumby mentioned will be considered for Direct Entry at San Marcos. But when I called I was told it is now all of Riverside County. I am still trying to get some clarification on this.