Nursing for International Students

<p>Hey there,</p>

<p>I'm a sophomore in high-school and I live in Europe. I've made a lot of research but I'm still in need of advice concerning the Nursing career and the different steps to take. From what I've gathered, the most logical degree to get is a BSN instead of a AD, and then take a Master if I want to specialize in something. Since I'm an international student, I'm quite clueless when it comes to the different Nursing programs reputation...</p>

<p>I was thinking of studying in the US but I'm not familiar with the Nursing program there, also, I would most likely need to get a scholarship or some kind of financial aid. Is choosing a BSN degree in the US worth the investment or are there better countries to apply to?</p>

<p>Very very few US colleges provide financial aid to international students. Many public colleges charge relatively high tuition to students who are not from their state. Your best bet may be to get a bachelors in a cheaper country, and then aim for a masters in the US. You may also want to check out the international students section of this website. </p>

<p>If it is really important to you to study in the US, and you need an affordable option, you might check out some of the community colleges in the US that serve many international students and that have nursing programs. That will only give you an Associates degree, but you can take the RN exam and there are many other colleges where you can later complete a bachelors degree. </p>

<p>Keep in mind that the cost of living varies greatly in different parts of the US - generally the northeast and the west coasts are the most expensive. </p>

<p>I also have no idea how hard it is to get papers to work in the US after you are a US trained RN, if that is your goal. There have been many RNs in the US from the Phillipines. </p>