NYU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

I did not have that - contacted the housing email and they said by tomorrow it should update.

1 Like

My NYU senior was a Welcome Week leader - it’s the week before school begins. NYU starts school later than most colleges.

1 Like

Any thoughts on whether GW (George Washington University) would be considered sufficiently comparable to NYU for the purpose of negotiating merit with NYU? Worth a shot or not?

1 Like

GW is need aware, whereas NYU is need blind (assuming you are a domestic applicant), so I don’t think the chances of a successful appeal are high. That said, the worst outcome is the same as what you already have, so no harm trying.

I should have said that we do not qualify for financial aid, so this is for negotiating an NYU merit scholarship only based on merit awarded at GW. Thoughts?

My understanding is that there are pretty much set formulas for awarding merit, but I don’t know about GW specifically, you’d probably get better responses asking in the GW forum.

does anyone know if it’s possible to change programs now before entering NYU? for ex. changing from Gallatin to Stern

1 Like

Do you guys know how many applicants got off Stern’s waitlist over the last few years?

3 Likes

CAS admission rate for incoming class was 7%. More than 46,000 applications were received for Fall 2021. Stats provided by Dean of CAS.

2 Likes

hey guys i just submitted my deposit, how long did it take for you to get access to the housing forms?

My daughter was waitlisted and she told me that in her portal it said “with distinction”. I have no idea what that means.

Where does it say that?

1 Like

I’ll have to ask her. She just mentioned it the other day. I don’t really get involved with the portal stuff.

Kk, thanks

Are you sure the 46,000 doesn’t represent all NYU applicants?

Over 100K apps this year. NYU has made phenomenal progress over the last eight years. Its apps and yield have gone up considerably while acceptance rate has declined 22%. Is that the best track record of any national university over that time?

“The acceptance rate for the Class of 2025—12.8%—reflects steady increases in the selectivity of NYU’s first-year class. As recently as 2013, the acceptance rate was 35%. This year’s group of admitted students also had a record high median SAT score: 1540. The acceptance rate for three of NYU’s undergraduate colleges was in the single digits.”

1 Like

Not too surprising, since they went test optional and anyone with less than stellar scores probably didn’t send scores. I think the numbers for most selective schools are going to look like this for this year, which is why I think universities actually like the TO policy and might keep it long term. It also injects a dose of subjectivity to the process, which I also think they like.

True of TO but NYU has been tearing it up for at least the last eight years. It’s reminiscent of NEU’s or USC’s ascents a decade or so ago.

1 Like

could you take a screenshot of that, please. thank you! :slight_smile:

NYU has ranked higher than NEU.