NYU Class of 2027 Official Thread

Does that mean you were waitlisted or…

2 Likes

“Don’t take rejection personally”. Yeah. I just spend months pouring out my soul into these essays about who I am and my life goals and how [fill in the blank] university is my dream, then they say “ummm… no.” Yep, don’t take it personal.

“Life is not about competition”. Yeah. With the exception of… college admission… grades… jobs… promotions… mating…

Anyway, are you saying that the college application process in say, China, is preferable?

6 Likes

Historically speaking, it means acceptance, but there are always exceptions.

1 Like

My daughter’s looks like this, except it’s 1,3,2.

In previous years yes, but last year and this ed cycle housing was not an indicator.

2 Likes

bro i still dont have access to my housing portal at all. after i click nyu new york ‘access application’ it takes me to an external log in and then there’s an error. can someone help me out?

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d find it hard to believe if after all these years NYU hasn’t fixed all the indicator errors

login to your regular application portal and keep the tab open. open a new tab and login to housing!

I don’t agree with this. Admission in Chile (I’m Chilean) is based solely on GPA and scores on admission exams, and as a consequence, a lot of jerks and literally bad people end up having the best education in the country, while others that are the definition of good and that have been preparing exams for years do not end up where they deserve. And also, the criteria for admission for different colleges should depend solely on the characteristics each one of those colleges value. If some value having leaders, funny, extroverted and highly motivated people, then a student who is extremely academically focused may have some really bad four years. And vice versa.

So, yeah. This is what US universities value, and, at the end of the day, most of the best universities in the world are American.

6 Likes

Omg! I have access to admitted student portal now!

2 Likes

Can you send the link?

Link please

1 Like

link??

https://connect.nyu.edu/portal/homebase?tab=welcome

2 Likes

My dd too. Hope it means smething

what school did you apply to?

not authorized :sob: oh well, did anyone else get it?

4 Likes

I see nothing. I guess that’s a bad sign :sob:

8 Likes

Same :confused: oh well

2 Likes

Still not authorized