NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

No problem love :heart: This is such a stressful situation it’s good to be in the loop and know what’s going on sometimes

Let’s see what would happen on Friday

I think they will probably release liberal studies again

hey lol i’m back to check in on y’all, but honestly i don’t think they will release liberal studies bc the fact that they only admitted people from spring (majority) means that somehow they are full? at least, that’s my take on it

Gumball could you please anything about CAS?

Some schools don’t offer spring admission such as Gallatin, so I still have hope for it. It’s unlikely that they’re complete full, maybe they just started reviews people for spring first since that’s emptier

1 Like

umm i only heard about one person who got off cas on the waitlist… that’s all i know for now. i do know that CAS is a big school so there might be spots!

yeah i think gallatin will have space because it’s not a very big school and most people apply to stern/cas… so keep ur head up

4 Likes

Thank you! I’m hoping for the best, the only thing that concerns me is financial aid and the cost of attendance, but we’ll have to see. As long as I get in I can figure it out haha, fingers crossed

2 Likes

i might be wrong but it seems in previously years they start with letting off people for the spring. Probably because in the beginning, things can change a lot for their fall students because of other school’s waitlists so they need a bit more time to see exactly what their fall class will look like. just because they started with spring doesn’t mean their fall classes are full. it might just mean it’s still changing and they don’t wanna promise waitlisted students a spot when they are still unsure if there will be room.

9 Likes

For what major ?

do you guys think Steinhardth has space ?

i think CAS will have space. it is such a big school i doubt that everyone who gets in attends. there must be room for more than one waitlist admit. nyu also never has a great yield and i doubt the change this admissions cycle could be THAT drastic

2 Likes

I think you are right but who knows? NYU knew this year’s yield rate will be pretty different from what they are used to, so perhaps they admitted more students or admitted students that really intended to commit?
I’m hoping that Stern has some spots left but the fact that they take longer than usual to release the big waves makes me believe that they are already (almost) full.

true, and the admission officer that said there is a high yield rate just doesn’t want to give hope to whoever called them about it

1 Like

Anybody with news on Tandon? Think they still have many spots left?

y’all sorry for spamming but this is what I heard from a different AO:

“We are still determining if/when we will go to the waitlist, and we hope to release more details to students in the next week or so” (in reference to Stern)

Also I’m not sure if we were still confused on this or not but he said that I can still submit the update form, and that each submission is added to my file

yes ofc u can join!! what’s your insta?

my insta is @tanveetuppal

Sorry all my stern people but are chances are extremely slim for getting off of the WL this year. AO said don’t count on any waitlist movement