NYU Deferred/Waitlisted 2025

but their workday is only 5 hours? I would think the admissions staff would be working more given that they need to select students to fill in the 2021-2022 class

Oh no, I’m not saying their workday is only five hours, from 9-12 they were probably doing other things but I’m saying from 12-5 today they were probably looking through waitlist forms so that’s why I think we couldn’t submit any new forms during that time

Oh I see. Your guess makes sense

1 Like

When NYU says the waitlist is unranked does that mean they will accept students based solely on their new achievements and that LOCI essay? Or will they still take everything else into consideration?

I’m pretty sure it means they will reevaluate your whole application including everything from your original application

Hey do you guys have the “you are not active in a program at NYU once you click on the financial aid year 2021-2022 button?

1 Like

it means that they don’t rank waitlisted people on a list, with people at the top of the list getting open spots first. instead, it’s a non-ranked group used to fill admissions gaps. like for example, if not enough people committed to cas, they would take in cas people off of the waitlist

1 Like

I think they also try to match gender, race, region, etc of the two students so that they can keep the diversity as originally planned.

has anyone tried the zoom indicator if there is a difference?

Also has anyone recieved an email stating about them releasing decisions or no?

could you tell me how to use it?
Everytime I go to the zoom nyu website, they ask me to login and then they tell me they have sent the verification link to my @nyu.edu email address. But as far as I know I haven’t received an nyu email ID.

Since I cant get the verification link I cant login to check the member-student thing

i have the same thing too

am i supposed to apply for housing even though i got waitlisted? some ppl are talking about housing on this thread and its lowkey scaring me cuz i havent done it

1 Like

No don’t apply for housing. The housing available is not for school terms if you see spring and summer 2021.

1 Like

yeah i have this. do you also have award access not available

I think almost everybody has both of those

anyone’s housing portal gone too

1 Like

that’s what I thought i was just wondering because in last year’s thread there was correlation between award access not available and acceptance but this doesn’t seem to be the case this year. also i don’t think this was the only common denominator between the accepted ppl

1 Like

Yeah

Mines still up