NYU Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

SAT 1490, GPA 4.5 W (4.9 junior year with all AP’s and Honors), 13 APs by the time she is done, National level EC that is very unusual, varsity sport and State championship in it, and all the more usual ECs (volunteer at hospital, honor societies, etc). She is thrilled - NYU is her dream school, although she has been courted by some Ivvies.

2 Likes

Congrats!! What were your stats?

Yeah, my email says deferred to ED2.

Hello! I was accepted last year and I deferred my app for fall 2022 so I’m also class of 2026 (international applicant). Do you any group chats and discord servers for class of 2026? Also feel free to contact me in inst @ miss_marianna

So… apparently the underlines work strange here so it’s underline miss underline marianna underline

My daughter was accepted in Tisch!
Is there a group for Tisch 2026?

4 Likes

Mine also!! There is a FB NYU 2026 parent group - not sure if there is a Tisch specific group.

1 Like

Hi, can you tell me the name of the FB group? I couldn’t find it when I searched.

1 Like

Accepted, Gallatin, 1 button, no app. One possible indicator no one mentioned is on my NYU home page, both Albert and NYU Classes were automatically favorited (I never did that) when I had 1 button and no app. I saw a screenshot of an earlier post of that page from someone without those bookmarked as favorite so I don’t know if that might have been an indicator.

For the early indicator, my daughter’s portal went from 2 buttons, 3 housing application about couple of week back to 1 button and then no button, no application couple of days back of the acceptance day.

3 Likes

Thanks. What’s the N number they ask for there? [Never mind, found it.]

That used to be the case, but they started deferring some to ED2 a couple of years ago.

Probably deferral, as you get reconsidered with the group you’re deferred to vs waitlist where you are waiting till after everyone accepted in all the rounds has made their decisions. That said, a couple of years ago a number of ED waitlists got made offers with the RD round rather than having to wait with the “normal” waitlists. Also, there have been people before who got deferred first and then waitlisted.

The NetID number I believe.

We have close to 2000 posts on this thread before decision time on 12/15/21 but less than 100 posts after that. Does it mean the vast majority of posters get rejected?

No, we’re just not stressing anymore lol.

2 Likes

For those of you who were accepted into NYU, what programs did you apply for? Many thanks

My D21 was accepted! 4.0 UW with 11 AP’s by the time she graduates.

My son’s did. He also saw his name and “undergraduate student” written under it! :slight_smile: