NYU Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

It’s become more competitive even since 2019 but even if that hadn’t changed, they look at more than stats for admission. My D got in with lower stats than some other students at her school who got rejected - and yes sometimes people will be rejected at NYU and get into higher ranked colleges - that’s what holistic admissions does. UMich is a fabulous school, congrats to your D.

1 Like

When did your D get her waitlist decision?

I think it was in June. She was a regular decision candidate.

Did anyone just receive the survey titled “Survey of Admitted Students Spring 2021?” What should I make out of that title considering the fact that I haven’t been admitted yet? I’m an ED2 applicant - is this any sort of indication?

1 Like

Yes I just got it as well. Im a RD applicant though. not quite sure what it means either. Keep me posted!

2 Likes

My daughter received this as well! I wonder if it was sent out in error because I thought it was weird to send to an applicant?!

Although, reading the text, it clearly contemplates than an applicant would be filling out the form. So strange!!

it may be an indication, because I did not receive any email and I am a ED2 candidate.

Does the body of the text say " Thank you for submitting your application to NYU. Our admissions counselors are already hard at work reviewing the applications we received this year, and we wish you the best of luck in your college application process!

Please take a few moments to complete a short survey about how you made the decision to apply to NYU, and your experience considering our university and others. You can access the survey using the link below:"

3 Likes

Yes my D got that too and she applied ED2. Seemed like a “Will you really go here?” Kind of survey from what she told me.

They’re just trying to get some data to sell. Also, they said responses will be recorded in aggregate, so it won’t have any effect on admission decision and shouldn’t be any type of indicator.

1 Like

Agreed with you.

I received the same Survey but under a different title: " NYU Requests your Feedback!".

Do you have any idea why the name would be different and what that would mean?

If I had to guess they realized their mistake with the initial title and corrected it for the next batch of emails.

2 Likes

Do we * need * to fill this out?

Applied ED2 Stern. Super anxious as to whether NYU will fix the email and portal glitch.

Has anyone applying ED2 activated their email?

Did anyone receive any sort of glitch with buttons or housing?

Welcome to NYC my fellow students!!! We’re so excited to get to know you all! Sending lots of love!

Yea, for the past two years, about a week before decision release date, NYU changed the housing status for those who are admitted. If you go here https://housing.nyu.edu/apply, according to past experience, if it says “Summer” then you’ve been deferred/waitlisted/rejected. If it says “No Application” then you’ve been admitted.

NYU also created emails for admitted Stern Students around 10 days before the decision. You can check whether the account exists by trying to log in with netid@stern.nyu.edu for gmail. If the account exists then you’ve been admitted.

The above indicators work 100% on all cases for the past two years, including ED1 this year, so it has to be some sort of bug within NYU’s system. No one is ‘supposed to’ find out abt decisions before the release date.

IT IS ONLY PAST EXPERIENCE and there’s a chance that NYU might fix this. Which is why I am asking whether everyone’s pages appear the same

2 Likes

Was the housing portal changed already, or it will be changed this week closer to the decision date?