NYU Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Thank you for the info. What school did you apply to?

I applied to CAS

Agreed. It passes time for sure, but no one here knows anything one way or the other.

I also applied without housing on my common app because I plan on living off campus in NYC but I only have the summer app. Iā€™m missing a button and my checklist is gone too. I really honestly have now clue this year with admissions as Iā€™ve been waitlisted and even yield rejected from my a few of my safeties during RD.
So far Iā€™ve been accepted at Fordham, Pace, UMass Boston, and Marymount Manhattan
I got waitlisted at Emerson and Stonehill
I got rejected from Barnard, BC, and Bard College
So definitely a really interesting mix thatā€™s making me super anxious about NYU decisions!
My stats are pretty good, 3.6 uw 8 IB courses, diverse and extensive ECs and Honors, great LoRs, didnā€™t submit test scores, lots of leadership roles and a lot of them applied to my intended major and also Iā€™m dirt poor mixed kid from MT so hopefully that will give me a little boost lol

wait I have summer, academic and spring do you know what does this mean??

1 Like

yes I have both but I also have spring so I am v confused

Hey guys, I know the NYU astrology thing might not even be accurate, however, I am very stressed about my housing. It says Academic year, summer, and spring. Waitlist for spring and academic. Does anyone know what this might mean?? I am panicking!!!

Frankly most of the people are trying to make educated guess based on past portal updates. Another 72 hrs to go. Hold on. Donā€™t believe anything till you read your status update on the portal

5 Likes

The portal magicy prediction is flimsy at best You have great stats which is more of an indicator of acceptance than something that is most likely a portal glitch. 72 hours to go :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

this is an acceptance, congrats!!

1 Like

It means you are in, congratulations! Waitlist for academic year means that they have shortlisted your spot for housing and it works only for admitted students.

1 Like

although I do agree that people with academic and summer are usually accepted

Does anyone else have 3 housing buttons?

spring + summer + academic year.

Have had these for a long time, and it didnā€™t change since buttons disappeared

1 Like

No. Not anymore. We had spring/summer. Then it changed to summer only. Was NY only then AD was added. But others here have posted having all three spring, summer, fall

2 Likes

For those who have AD as an option, did you all apply to the AD campus?

Nope. Not here.

Sorry what is AD?

Hmmm weird because I never got the AD option

My point exactly. The housing portal/information seems glitchy at least to me.

Look, I said myself in that reply that it was not a guaranteed sign of admission, and that otherwise from that Iā€™m not sure what it would mean, whether it be rejection or a tossup or nothing. Clearly you chose to ignore that part. And yea of course I was estimated, but was just saying I got the general sense that the ratio of people reporting just Summer vs Summer + Academic makes sense. I mean yea, of course it aligns with what I want, but if my friend that knows theyā€™re gonna be rejected told me they had Summer + Academic year, I would have reported that information same as I did this. Iā€™m just telling you exactly what I got from them, Iā€™m sorry if that bugs you.

1 Like