NYU Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

The reason I feel housing portal is confusing because it lets me make a $1000 (for fall’22) deposit for housing even without an official acceptance to the school. I don’t have academic year in my portal only summer

2 Likes

Wonder what would happen if you were rejected from your first choice school and then admitted for spring in Liberal Studies. That would be interesting!

Exactly. Something else to consider- someone on 2025 thread noted people should not ‘try testing theories’ in housing portal because things can get messed up and it’s tough if you have to get them fixed later. Maybe all the poking around has actually caused some of the ‘glitches’. No way a student not officially admitted should be able to put down a deposit.

1 Like

I have summer only and the two auto favorites

1 Like

hm, it seems everyone can do this if you navigate to Albert, then the NYU Housing Payments, then access the Bursar eSuite and hit deposits. it’s an odd choice on NYU’s part, but it doesn’t seem to be a variance point between students.

1 Like

I disagree with this. Nobody can be certain they’re going to be rejected until they read the actual letter. I’ve seen a lot of people with good stats get rejected from some schools and others with a lot worse stats get in. Just take a break, you’ll find out eventually.

1 Like

That is true. And it is weird for a school to accept deposit from applicants when the official decisions have not been shared.

look, i totally think that’s the case for most people within a certain stats range, but this person like absolutely knows they’re not gonna get in lol, they rly applied for ■■■■■ n giggles, even with a joke essay n all.

A person I know wrote a joke essay for USC, had stats that were far below average, and still got in. College admissions are unpredictable and I’ve seen too many portal astrologies that have turned out wrong. Do I want the portal astrology to be true? Yeah cuz it favors me, but we still need to wait and find out the truth on Wednesday.

2 Likes

I completely agree with you that there will be plenty of people with summer only that will get in. However, can you post the information where people had academic and did NOT get in?

4 Likes

yea i totally understand. i’ve said repeatedly in every informational post i’ve made to take it with a grain of salt. i’m just using patterns to find likelihoods, like everyone else here. the only tiny bit of information i derived from it was that summer only is likely not a guarantee of acceptance this year. i’d say that’s a pretty reserved and reasonable conclusion. i didn’t say it meant rejection, just that it wasn’t an immediate sign of acceptance.

4 Likes

yeah that’s what I would say. However, some people are adamant that’s its an auto reject which I just don’t think is the case. Praying for the best for all of us

4 Likes

Everyone is stressed as we all wind down the admission process. So hope we are conscious of that as post on the thread

3 Likes

yeah it’s all just speculation for now. no one knows for sure. anyone have destressing methods to share lol?

Eating and watching netflix :slight_smile:

3 Likes

so tru

YES!!! Please let’s be kind to one another. This is stressful af and we should be able to come on this board and support one another. It is ok to share speculations, but not to say something is an auto rejection…bc it simply isn’t the truth

4 Likes

also the offer of a discord group to just chat and chill, so we can talk outside of a stiff situation is still open. MarkosTheDragon#8476 ^//^

1 Like

For that to happen you need to lead from front. You are neither eating nor watching netflix and spending most of you time on CC :smile:

1 Like

actually, for ed 1 this year, the best indicator was no apps on the housing