NYU Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

I have Summer + Academic Year

11 AP/College Courses, almost all Honors where possible
No class ranking at my school
1550 SAT
101.6 Weighted GPA
Legacy

I also know NYU places extra emphasis on this type of stuff, I’ve also been involved in a lot of music and LGBT groups, with leadership roles in both

2 Likes

for real LMAOOO honestly housing portal doesn’t seem to mean much…like a bunch of summer only kids got in last year

1 Like

also ur essays aha a great essay could get u in even without good ECS,stats,and etc

1 Like

tru, tho i know someone that got accepted into BU’s CAS with a bullet point essay lmao

1 Like

I don’t know about BU but Nyu love a good essay

I got into BU CS. I don’t really consider myself to have great stats, but I think my essay really carried me. I got extremely personal with it

idk if that’s the case. after more accounts got updated yesterday, the amount of ppl with summer + academic is starting to make some amount of sense lol.

I mean we don’t even make up 20% of the application so we can’t really go of from that :confused:

3 Likes

true but its obviously different this year since there are a bunch of us that don’t have spring at all. it may not even be an indicator for anything

2 Likes

i agree and until tmrw we won’t know for sure. less than 24 hrs now :laughing:

1 Like

I think NYU is very aware of these portal astrology thing so I don’t think academic+summer means anything more than summer only…like if they knew about it why would they actually correlate anything on a housing portal?

3 Likes

ik that’s what im saying. it might not even mean anything in the end

1 Like

someone from nyuad emailed the admissions office and they just avoided the question and said to wait for decisions. so they are definitely aware

they’ve done it every admissions cycle for the past few years lol. the indicators we’re different in different cycles, but they’ve meant stuff for a long time.

at least the wait has finally dwindled down to 1 more day and all our stress will finally go away, whether we got in or not

LMAO can we just assume that both summer only and summer+academic is a good sign…I mean …preaching that summer+academic is really making a lot of feel dread even though that it most likely means nothing at the end of the day

2 Likes

I mean i would, but that’s the only two things people seem to have this cycle :sob:

but isn’t this literally everyone…

Yes but we don’t even make up 20% of the applicant cycle …how can we actually determine if there are more summer only than summer+academic from this small pile of data?

2 Likes

when they do Presidential polls, do you think they get 20% of Americans? a somewhat decent sample can give a good overview of certain trends in data. if 0/53 people who we collected data from have anything but those two options, means prolly nobody does.