Official Class of 2017 Results Thread

<p>Waitlisted at U of Chi today.</p>

<p>BUT I ALSO RECEIVED A FREAKING LIKELY FROM CORNELL SO I CAN’T EVEN WAT</p>

<p>[ b]Objective:[list]
[ *] SAT I (breakdown): NO.
[ *] ACT: 31 ONLY TAKE IT’S CRAP WHO CARES
[ *] SAT II: 700 on Bio and World History (didn’t send to Cornell obv)
[ *] Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0):
[ *] Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): Top 10% (barely OMG)
[ *] AP (place score in parenthesis): Lang (5), World History (5), Chem, Calc, USH (5), Environment, Stats, Lit, Psych, Bio and Euro.
[ *] IB (place score in parenthesis): None.
[ *] Senior Year Course Load: Last six APs listed above plus Spanish and Piano I.
[ *] Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): AP Scholar
[ /list][ b]Subjective:
[list]
[ *] Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Anime Club, Book Club, Piano, Flute, marketed health books to community freshman year. Ummm…my mom and I started a business my senior year (daycare). We got evicted a few days before Christmas and were homeless for the rest of my senior year. Awk. Some peer tutoring as well. Spent a LOT of time looking for places to live and a job. :confused: lol
[ *] Job/Work Experience: None.
[ *] Volunteer/Community service: 150 hrs approx… I used to sing to folks in nursing homes my freshman year. I also did some outreach in an underserved neighborhood near me. I switched schools after freshman year and couldn’t continue (went from MI to PA).
[ *] Summer Activities: Usually fighting evictions or looking for another place to live. Like, I’m not kidding. xD
[ *] Essays: Meh. Main was about how I use books to cope with poverty.
[ *] Teacher Recommendation: One from my English teacher, one from a science teacher. Former said she’d write a glowing rec. Okay I suppose? :3
[ *] Counselor Rec: I dunno.
[ ] Additional Rec: None.
[ ] Interview: Never had one.
[ /list][ b]Other
[list]
[ *] Applied for Financial Aid?: YES. OMG YES.
[ *] Intended Major: Biology (MAY switch to CS).
[ *] State (if domestic applicant): GA
[ *] Country (if international applicant):
[ *] School Type: Public magnet, top ranked nationally (not in GA)
[ *] Ethnicity: All kinds of chocolate doe.
[ *] Gender: M
[ ] Income Bracket: 10k-15k for the last six years or so. Maybe decade. I dunno.
[ ] Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): Blaaaaack, uber poor, female STEM major…
[ /list][ b]Reflection
[list]
[ *] Strengths: Nothing really. I can write.
[ *] Weaknesses: Scores, ranking, grades.
[ *] Why you think you were accepted/deferred/denied: I DON’T EVEN KNOW. LIKE, WHAT.
[ /list][ b]General Comments:**</p>

<p>SO EXCITED. I’VE BEEN SCREAMING AND CRYING EVERYWHERE!I’m going to college OMG.
Waiting on 13 other schools. Yiiiiiisss.</p>

<p>You remind me of this girl I love.</p>

<p>Congrats all!</p>

<p>Lol, Philo. xD </p>

<p>Thank you, cookie!</p>

<p>Congratulations guys!</p>

<p>OMG! Congrats you guys! :D</p>

<p>Congratulations!!</p>

<p>congrats guys! ivy day is only two weeks away!!</p>

<p>congrats!!! :slight_smile: I am so happy to see everyone being happy lol! </p>

<p>Sent from my SGH-T589 using CC</p>

<p>SO MANY FEELS.</p>

<p>Uhhh, in my excitement I mistakenly indicated that I am male.
I am a girl k.</p>

<p>Alexis, congrats! You strove hard for it and now you have one in your hands! Congrats to you Philo as well.</p>

<p>Hopefully you two get more favorable results!</p>

<p>Thank you very much, space. :3</p>

<p>Congrats on the likely letters. I could only dream to be in your position. You all deserve your success!!</p>

<p>Thank you! ≧﹏≦</p>

<p>Sidenote: My GPA was a 3.9 uw. I forgot it. xD</p>

<p>OMG you’re amazing! I applied to MITES as well but I dont think my science teacher rec was that good. I hope I get in I have been been dreaming about it since sophmore year.</p>

<p>I got accepted into all of my colleges! Yay!! Just got into University of Virginia!
So it’s UVA, Duke, Vanderbilt, SMU, U of Alabama, Auburn, Louisiana Tech, and U of Arkansas
:)</p>

<p>You killed it, man! Congratulations.</p>

<p>Congrats!
10char</p>

<p>Accepted to Northwestern, waitlisted at MIT!</p>

<p>Congratulations Mrluggs and muffin! <em>^▁^</em></p>