OFFICIAL Early Action Thread (Purdue Class of 2014)

<p>Offer Admission! Prepharmacy baby!!!
They only accept 325 a year! and my friend and I both got accepted</p>

<p>To all those who have yet to receive a decision, hold on tight, decisions will continue to be released daily, beginning Monday. I had been waiting as patiently as possible for Dec 11, and it could not come soon enough. Before Wednesday, when I got the “e-mail”, I talked to an admissions officer who informed me of decisions release dates.</p>

<p>Farmville4, yeah stuff like that means your on the line as Cody said. They want to make sure your doing well in school, I believe your school will send out your grades for the first half of your senior year. Talk to your guidance counselor on Monday about it and get it done with asap if you could.</p>

<p>My semester doesn’t end until mid January. It will take a couple weeks for grades to be sent. I’ll see if I can send first quarter grades. The good news is that I was admitted to Illinois Urbana-Champaign for Engineering. It’s my first choice anyways.</p>

<p>^ You got into UIUC CoE but you didn’t get into Purdue? lol that makes perfect sense…</p>

<p>UIUC-Admit, College of Engineering.<br>
Purdue-Application Status: Incomplete/Items Outstanding. Decision: Pending/Additional Info. Under Requirements it says 7th Semester Grades?</p>

<p>I got in!!! Boiler upppppp</p>

<p>FarmVille, I got the exact decision as you for Purdue.</p>

<p>I’m super nervous because I got a C- in AP Stats first trimester.</p>

<p>Decision: ADMITTED</p>

<p>Stats:[ul]
[<em>] SAT: 700 Math, 660 Reading, 520 Writing(crap)
[</em>] SAT IIs: N/A
[<em>] GPA: 4.4 weighted and 3.7 unweighted
[</em>] Rank: Counselor wouldn’t show me but probably 10%
[<em>] Other stats:
[/ul]Subjective:[ul]
[</em>] Essays: An aright one. I would say in the 65% of essays. Nothing spectacular but above average nonetheless.
[<em>] Hook (if any): I’m in a “Governor’s Academy for Engineering Studies”. Engineering concepts are integrated into the curriculum since 9th grade. Group projects, statics, dynamics, circuits, Alice programming, and on and on and on. You get the point. I firmly believe this is what gave me an edge.
[/ul]Location/Person:[ul] Richmond VA… so OOS
[</em>] State or Country: VA
[<em>] School Type: public
[</em>] Ethnicity: White
[<em>] Gender: Male
[</em>] Intended Major: Nuclear Engineering
[li] major strength/weakness: IMO I’m just a well-rounded person with nothing particularly special. Can’t write worth crap obviously.[/li][/ul]Other Factors: Decent ECs. Lots of leadership from Church Youth president, Varsity Tennis Captain, and Senior Patrol Leader in Scouts. Eagle Scout within a couple months too… I’m not 18 yet. I’ve taken 7 drafting/AutoCAD classes… dunno impact of it really but if I were an admissions officer I would like it for engineering students. :)</p>

<p>Cody, sorry about your Stats grade. My first semester grades are good so I’m not worried. They should help my application if I send them in.</p>

<p>Did you check your status at UIUC?</p>

<p>I got accepted into Psychology, 32 ACT, 3.9 W GPA. I was deferred from Illinois so Purdue is rising on my list! I’m torn between Purdue, Minnesota, and Illinois.</p>

<p>got in Prepharmcy. </p>

<p>It is a surprise to me, since my stats are nothing outstanding.</p>

<p>Out of state
SAT 1990(CR really low 530)
GPA 4.0 weighted</p>

<p>FarmVille, yeah, I got rejected at UIUC. </p>

<p>Their loss =]</p>

<p>accepted, prepharm
sat:2200
gpa: 3.75
rank: top 13% (competitive hs, we have 4 ivy leaguers already!)
essays: decent i guess
recs: solid</p>

<p>hook: OOS, first generation
race: asian

<p>so glad to get in!</p>

<p>Denied/Offer Other West Lafayette: Applicant denied. Decision letter will detail offer of admission to alternative program of study at Purdue West Lafayette.</p>

<p>What exactly does this mean ?</p>

<p>I have chosen management (undecided) so if I decide would they admit me ?</p>

<p>Guarav- I think that means that you didn’t get into your first choice program, but since on the application they make you put down a second choice option you did get admitted to that. I am not positive but I am pretty sure that is what it means.</p>

<p>What do you know I get admitted to Purdue engineering OOS and get deferred from North Carolina State engineering in-state…</p>

<p>@ Collegehunter10 -thanks !</p>

<p>Virginiafan13, that is actually pretty funny. Purdue’s Engineering program is A LOT better and is well-respected compared to NC State’s program.</p>

<p>My son was admitted…and VERY happy!!!</p>

<p>College of Education!</p>

<p>IMHO - we have visited a lot of colleges over the years - Purdue is probably our pure favorite. The campus is beautiful and well-maintained…and the people couldn’t be nicer!</p>