***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@srk2017 For HPME, if you don’t send an e-mail to NU (like they said to in the e-mail), will you still be considered for regular undergraduate admissions?

@glassflowers - for NU, you have to opt in for UG, otherwise you won’t be considered.

@chasingdreams21 I think Hofstra already sent out all of the interview requests last week or the week before (but I could be wrong) since interviews start the first week of March (so next week).

@srk2017 So people can get an interview to HPME but not automatic admission to NU?

@atthebreakofdawn yeah, Hofstra sent us emails on Friday two weeks ago

@stresstasticlife nope i haven’t heard from BU. I emailed them 3 times and they just gave me very very vague answers like “check ur portal”

@montereybae Did they say when the last day for interviews is?

@montereybae omg sigh :confused: what exactly did they say? we can all overanalyze it together!

How many of you have got as a count on interviews notifications so far on bs/md programs ?

@atthebreakofdawn - Yes, I don’t think HPME interview means admission for UG.

@glassflowers @stresstasticlife
"Thank you for your message and your interest in Boston University. Please note that all admission updates will be posted on your Applicant Link account. Please note that students do have the option to change your program of application. If you are interested in doing so, please send an email to this account (intadmis@bu.edu) stating the school and program you are interested in switching to.

Please continue to check your BU Applicant Link web account for any future updates by visiting www.bu.edu/applicantlink. "

I hope this information has been helpful. Please feel free to contact our office with any further questions you may have.

@montereybae yikes I doubt they put anything on the portal…just making life more difficult for us :stuck_out_tongue:

Did anyone contact WashU or Oklahoma?

Since they are few questions keep repeating, here is the gist. Especially on BU, it is not vague if they say check portal. Because some schools notify via email and some schools update only the portal which is the mode of communication.

1. NU: UG and BS/MD program selection is pretty much independent committee and appears they decide in their 'La La Land', which is different from all other programs. But in reality, my observation is BS/MD program decides and they do communicate to the UG. Mostly you will get to know if you are invited for interview or rejected for interview for BS/MD. Then if you are invited for interview (but rejected after interview), the chances of getting UG admission is 99.9%. But if you rejected for BS/MD pre-interview, chances of getting UG rejection is 99.9%. For NU, you don't have to inform any thing to consider for UG since they are separate application.
  2. BU. You will get to know eventually that you are rejected for BS/MD pre-interview via portal. At that time, you will also be informed if you want to be considered for other programs with some due date. So it is important and critical that you need to CALL them and inform to be considered if you are interested in BU UG. Last year, my D called before the due date and they admitted her for UG. But some one, overlooked the date and called after that date and they informed it is too late and that person was not admitted. In reality, unless there is a compelling personal reason, there is nothing great if you are not offered any scholarship to join BU, especially when you see in the 'pre-med' thread BU is very hard place to get GPA which is so critical for regular MD admission (caveat: validate this point and don't assume just because I stated).
  3. OU: It is clear in their web site and they are well oiled program. You will get interview email notification on the first week of March and the interview dates are posted 2 months back itself. 3/24 & 2/27 and 10 slots each day (so 20 candidates) and the admission email will come on 3/27 night around 11 pm for 6 candidates and probably 1 or 2 wait list and rest rejections.
  4. WashU and Rice: They are almost last in the game. So only in March you will see activity. Rice is only after UG admission which is almost end of March and the interview for BS/MD in April first half.

Just curious, how many of you got so far BS/MD programs interviews notifications ? and what is a good number to have interviews, since there is no guarantee acceptance even after been interviewed.

How’s Rutgers/NJMS program ? and the acceptance rate ?

So, for BU, they won’t send you a notification if you’re rejected - you have to check the portal? Currently, mine says that the application is “complete” but it doesn’t give any other details.

@stresstasticlife Do you know how many of us got invited to interview? My friend at Hofstra said they’re trying to expand the program but I haven’t found any stats online

An admissions counselor told me that they invited 60 to interview!

@misophoniax Thanks! Are you interviewing for Hofstra, too?

Unfortunately, I didn’t get an interview invitation. Congratulations, and good luck! :slight_smile:

@atthebreakofdawn when I was scheduling my interview, I was told that 60 are invited to interview!