***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@srk2017 did your son get in anywhere yet?

What is the acceptance rate for NU HPME ? how many they send out acceptance notifications after interviews ?

@pillows56 - He interviewed @ RPI/AMC and BU and waiting for the results. Looks like BU comes on 03/18.

@mimic17 - Didn’t you ask same question about NU before? :-). Seems like no one knows for sure. I know they interview 120 for 20 slots. Given that it’s highly sought out program, my guess is they may offer to 25-30. When is your interview? Usually they mention at the interview.

@srk2017 why don’t they want CA applicants?

@fhgeogng - There are too many applicants from CA and given that most programs have only 10-20 seats, they can’t take more than couple of CA students. Also, I think most CA medical students come back to CA after medical school, so won’t help with keeping them in the region. This is all my guessing :slight_smile:

Anybody know when PSU result will come?

traditionally PSU will send out on second or third friday of March with change on the individual applicant site

Here is the past
what it looked like to people accepted

"For PSU/TJ, my penn state portal changed to "Congratulations on your acceptance to Penn State!

I am pleased to offer you admission to The Eberly College of Science for Fall 2015 at Penn State University Park. I hope that the information provided on this page will help give you a head start on thinking about your offer to Penn State." There is a youtube clip about the college of science and under that says Premedical-Medical with a description of the program. "

fadeinout
Please dont lose hope
Medicine is a traditional four years undergraduate and then big test , interview followed by medical school with many taking non traditional route of careers prior then going to medical school.
It is the journey not the endpoint that counts

Just got my acceptance to st bonaventure and gwu program!!!

Congrats @str82med! Seems like yours is the first one for this year.

Anyone got interview invite for UIC GPPA medicine program?

Congrats @str82med when did you do your interview? I believe they are also interviewing other candidates for the program in this week, today I think.

@fadeinnout, Keep working hard as you have been and you’ll do great going the traditional route for Med school.
It’s ridiculously competitive and many outstanding students got denied for reasons that sometimes seem unfair.

For those interested, REMS received about 1,160 applications this year, 47 were invited to interview - and if previous years are any indication, about a dozen will be accepted.

@fadeinnout, as a parent, I would suggest this. Review your whole application with someone already in Med school or BS/MD. That should include essays, transcript and resume. That will give you insight into what should have been different. This information will help you tremendously in your future application cycles (when you apply to MD).

Accepted for Cincinnati DAP

Penn State decisions out on the portal

Just saw the portal update - my DD got into Penn State.

My DS got into Cincinnati DAP and Penn State.