***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@midwestFem I believe they are sending out the first batch only because we still have admissions Q and A’s scheduled until the end of March and then the final batch will go out.

Anynews on fame at San Antonio

When is umkc expected

@17junior - Not for me. But UCONN is sending invitations.

@midwestFem in 2016 cycle first batch results came out February 29, then they had rolling admission from that point on for those interviewed till end of March. Then Final decisions were made on those placed in “still under consideration” category on April 5th.

@amar12 Thank you for you reply. My DS got invited to join STEM honors but there is no mention about the program

Isn’t VCU coming in the next few days or so?

i also was accepted to cincinnati’s DAP! but still am interviewing at 2 more schools. for most the programs that i have applied to (12) most of them say their decisions will be released around march 31

Congrats who all got into penn state Jeff
They will have a meet the campus so one can meet kids in the years ahead as well as see why we scream" we are… Penn state"

But seriously notę congrats and Remember the strefy is jefferson

Has anyone received anything other than undergraduate admission for Stony Brook and UConn?

@nbrafter - I remember someone asking about UConn interview a couple of pages back, so looks like the interview invites are out for UConn?

@Mom22DDs - oh I must have missed that, thank you. Does anyone know if UConn sends out rejections (or is it just that you are notified if you receive an interview)?

@nbrafter For SB it’s too early. On another thread, the school said the HC/US/WISE notifications will be announced next week. I think the invites will come out some time after that. Anyway, let me know if you hear anything.

Hi. When will the FAU interview calls be out? I was accepted into FAU and Wilkes honors college but have not yet received any notification from their bs md program. The deadline for undergraduate acceptance was extended to February 17, so it might be too early as of now, but any idea when I can expect a decision?

@devidush My DD received an interview invite for later this month.

HPME accepts 55 students each year, right? (see the following old article from Daily Northwestern 2002):

SATs on steroids, the Medical College Admission Test – MCAT for short – is the standardized test that can make or break a student’s application to medical school. After hours and sometimes entire summers spent preparing for the exam, most premedical students breathe a sigh of relief once they complete this foreboding and necessary part of the journey to become a doctor during their junior or senior year of college.
But Weinberg freshman and aspiring doctor Jemma Kang isn’t worried about the MCAT. She won’t be taking it.
As one of 55 freshmen in Northwestern’s Honors Program in Medical Education, Kang is guaranteed admission to the NU Medical School after completing three years of undergraduate work at NU – three years that won’t include preparation for the MCAT or the stress of maintaining the perfect grades coveted by medical school admissions committees.-----

@sharc - I read that they take 20 students for which they invite 120 for interview.

Last year stats on NU HPME

03-22-2016 at 6:20 pm #3019

Threebrook

@jscoffee - admission stats to HPME Northwestern

2,000 Prospective students request for HPME Application
800 Qualified Students receive/apply
120-160 Interviews
40 Offers
25 Enroll

RPI/AMC decisions are out.

Any idea about Union/AMC admission decisions?