***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

Thanks BS_MD2017. When did you receive the interview call?

Rejected from Union/AMC, DS journey ends here.

@srk2017, Just because your son/daughter has already received admission into the program, you should not be giving out information on the actual questions asked in the RPI/AMC interview to @anucekay. If you do, you are affecting the chances of other applicants who were already interviewed.

@midwestFem - I didn’t giveout any questions. All I said is standard interview. Check again what I wrote.

Asking about research experience, why you want to be a doctor and why this college are standard questions asked at every interview at every college. They are not specific to RPI.

There is an older post with interview tips
http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/1724486-bs-md-interviews-past-experiences-and-advice.html

Any info on StonyBrook Undergrad and BA/MD program?? I completed my application about 2 months ago and have not received any response from SB??? Any information would help. thanks in advance.

VCU GAP results out

@dualmd2017, I am not sure if this info will help you, but since you asked about StonyBrook undergrad, I am responding. My DS initially applied to StonyBrook undergrad portion in late December . There was option to submit the application without the supplemental essay first. Once we realized the BA/MD spots for OOS is very few, he decided not to apply for BA/MD portion, due to too much effort needed with essays. He however got undergrad acceptance with full ride scholarship.

@path2md…Thank you. How many week after completed application did SB respond to him with full ride? I have been waiting for more than 2 months now… Thanks @path2md

@dualmd2017 ,He got the scholarship information 3 weeks ago I think. The acceptance notice came about 6 weeks after he submitted the application. He submitted the application on 11/30. Sorry for the confusion. You should definitely call them ! My DS didn’t do the Honors essay also. So it is just for regular undergrad. He will not attend there.

@bpc2017 did you get into VCU GAP?

yes

@bpc2017 Congratulations!!

@bpc2017 Congratulations! Did you get an email or did you check on the portal? Any idea if all successful applicants are being informed today or decision being sent in batches? thank you

@path2md Thank you…will check into it. Good Luck to your DS…just few more weeks till the fun challenge begins for everyone who applied to combined programs…

Got an email. No idea who is informed today or about batches.

Thank you

@kybron did you interview at VCU and if so have you heard anything from them? Thanks

Anyone got Uconn SPIM invitation? Why Is Uconn so Quiet?