***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

Congratulations on Brown!! @rsmith0208
Just as an update: I got into Stony Brook’s combined medical program just an hour ago!!

Does anyone know when UIC GPPA comes out?

@collegeready101 Saturday April 1 I believe

Anyone know when NJMS will come out? How will we be contacted, and will be contacted by NJMS or undergraduate schools.

Congrats @rsmith0208 .

My DS got wait listed @ Brown, Harvard and Cornell. He got into Penn with invitation to join Vagelos Scholar Molecular Life Sciences Program. So we have 3 strong choices, BU SMED, Vanderbilt (CV Scholar) and Penn with Vagelos.

My D interviewed at NJMS thru NJIT…called NJMS they said they already sent the selected list to the undergrad school…called NJIT they said April first week is when the results will be sent out and you will hear directly from the med school thru mail… :slight_smile:

UPenn with Vagelos trumps everything. Congrats @srk2017

@bpc2017 - Thanks. I heard Vagelos could be too intense for premeds. I haven’t researched it yet.

DD admitted to UC Berkeley L & S, UCSD, USC and wait listed at UCLA.

@srk2017 @grtd2010 @rsmith0208 Congratulations!

@srk2017 Did UPenn offer any scholarship?

DD got into Brown PLME, Princeton, Cornell.

So far has:

Programs:
Brown PLME
Northwestern HPME
REMS - Alternate
BU SMED
PENN STATE PGM
AMC/RPI

Undergraduate
Yale
Princeton
Cornell
GeorgeTown

Has couple of more to go. Will post stats once she makes a decision. Thanks to Everyone here – this is a great forum and would not have made it without so many folks here.

Wow. Amazing achievements. Congrats!

I heard from someone Drexel BS/MD admissions are out.

Yes you should be able to find out from Drexel portal.

@upstream Thanks for your comments on UG vs BSMD (page 190). Your comments on Pitt caugh my attention. Are you familiar with the school and its Biology/Neuroscience programs?

My DD got admitted to JHU (no aid), Pitt (full tuition waiver) and Case Western (partial aid). We will be visiting all the schools next month. From a GPA perspective, any comments on:

1. regular versus Honors classes

2. Biological Sciences versus Neuroscience?

Thank you

@colleg2017, In regards to your question on Pitt,

My DS attended their Honors day.

1. Honors classes will be tougher to get high GPA, but one can always take few Honor Classes and make up the GPA with regular classes. Research and being TA gives extra credit, that helps to boost GPA.
  2. Both Biology and Neuroscience are very good. I have heard Biology is weeder course, very tough to get A. I have heard from people that one can maintain GPA 4.0 while in Honor College. There is no grade deflation.

Hearty congratulations to all with acceptances!!!

Is grade deflation at Boston University a reality or myth?

Anyone familiar with Temple and Drexel BS MD programs? DD got into both plus Cornell and is struggling which one to choose. Except the cost difference, any advice will be appreciated.