***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

I’m writing this quick note to let you know how and when we plan to notify candidates of their finalist status for the Pre Professional Scholars Program at Case Western Reserve University.

Applicants will receive an email providing a link to the secure webpage with their finalist status on Saturday, Jan. 28. We will begin sending these email notifications around 12 p.m. EST. It is our practice to notify applicants on Saturdays so as to avoid disruptions during the typical school day.

Thank you again for your interest in Case Western Reserve University. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission via email at admission@case.edu.

Called REMS and they said that interview invitations are being sent out in waves and that we can be notified from now till mid February. They also said that they still have a couple hundred applications to go through and that we will be notified either way through email.

@ teddyh and astroglitter - I was expecting an interview for UTSA FAME but got rejected. What are your scores and bio? I thought I had pretty good shot with my scores and bio?. Unfortunately, the selection process for BA/MD programs is a big gamble and looks like we need to cast the net wide and far as there is no yardstick to gauge who will get in and who don’t. I only applied to few programs and let’s see how will it pan out.

Cheers and good luck to Y’all!

@chocolatina1001 - Did REMS say how many they sent out so far? They are capped at 45.

@srk2017 No, they did not mention how many were sent out thus far.

good luck for all those waiting on REMS, anyone have information about what past interviews at REMS were like

does penn state send out rejections?

@ToServe yeah tbh I thought I had a chance too…guess that didn’t work out :frowning:
SAT: 1560/1600
ACT: 34
Rank: 30/1341 (#1 high school in Texas, according to Newsweek)
Extracurriculars: orchestra (violist and officer) Tae Kwon do (black belt), dance (indian classical and bollywood), psychology club (officer), south asian culture club (founder/vp), nhs, key club, habitat for humanity.
Medical Experience: summer hospital internship, hospital volunteering, shadowing, working at camp for kids w/ sickle cell.

What were yours? And good luck to you too, I was pretty upset but I’m trying to look on the bright side!

also, everyone I know that applied at my school got rejected…who actually got in lol? anyone here?

It looks like REMS is handling things a little differently this year, probably because there’s someone new in charge. of The previous director, Dr. Nobay got a promotion in December succeeding Dr. Hansen, who was also involved with REMS on the medical school side.
https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/news/story/4678/nobay-named-school-of-medicine-and-dentistry-associate-dean-for-admissions.aspx

@Harryp17, message me if you have any questions about REMS interview, but again, things may be different this year; my D is a REMS junior. If nothing changes, she’ll be hosting some candidates during the interview weekend (March 2-4) but has no info so far.

REMS applications were due on Dec 1. The wait is killing me.

@Undecided3494 Hi, I was wondering when you found out about your acceptance to Union last year. Was it in February or in March/April?
Also I just wanted to thank you for the enormously helpful interview advice! It really came in handy!!

@drillmom - It appears Dr. Nobay was in charge of REMS since 2006, but now she got promoted to admissions dean. May be she gave REMS to someone else.

@srk2017 - Yes, REMS has been Dr. Nobay’s baby for over 10 years and she’s done a fantastic job.
Haven’t heard anything about her successor.

p.s. Just realized that there are typos in my previous post #1630, but don’t know how to edit. Sorry.

@ToServe , @astroglitter … I got the rejection from FAME too.

1600 (CR + M) old SAT (Once) / 36 ACT (Once)/ 4.0 UW GPA.

2 Years of Research (Scholarships) / Medical Internship, Shadowing / Volunteering / National Merit Semi Finalist / USABO Semi Finalist

I thought I would at least get an interview. Well life goes on. May be I have better opportunities in store. :slight_smile:
Like @ToServe said I think I should have cast a wider net. I limited myself mostly to just Texas.

I wish I could fast forward to end of April to get this over with. Good Luck to All.

@AllenTx15 HPME interviews have multiple dates

@anon9268 Glad to hear my advice came in handy. I got my acceptance on February 29th, which probably won’t be the date this year for obvious reasons. I hope you get into the program!!

@AllenTx15 NU-HPME interviews are on multiple dates.

So i was checking my case application status and i noticed they requested an overnight release form and a medical release form. Does everyone get that or is it an indication that i got invited to interview for ppsp

@Harryp17 I haven’t gotten that