***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

No email but it is in the portal!

What are the numbers at PPSP? How many get an interview? How many get in?

Son got invited as finalist with a merit scholarship <:-P

70/2200 are finalists, who get an interview

They said I’m an alternate for ppsp (I got in to reg undergrad). What does that mean? Do I get an interview or am I on a waitlist?

@vandyeyes are you instate or out of state

DD turned down for Case.

Rejected

@rsmith0208 we are in-state; hugs to those not getting good news…there will be other fields to play in no doubt

Anyone know how many finalists actually get into the program?

@glassflowers of the 70 - how many spots? DS got an invite to interview and some merit aid - do they announce Wolf scholarship today too?

rejected from PPSP Case Western too

DO got the Case interview

@BS_MD2017 was your child selected as a finalist or alternate? Is there a difference?

DS was also rejected!

@rsmith0208 @fria6887 @AllenTx15 we were notified via e-mail. Interview is in early february and they did not provide much advance notice! good luck to you all

@srk2017 NU HPME notification was via email.

@vandyeyes & @what???!! My old notes says it is around 20 seats. So possibly they may extend offer to 35 out of the 70 invited students (50% chance). Last year they had interview on 3/17. So looks like this year they are doing it early. Hopefully they may announce the results also early so students can inform other schools they are not interested if they are clear on CWRU/PPSP. GL to all invited for interviews.

@kkfields Thanks for sharing your input. Very happy to know that your decision and your investment paid off. It may be beneficial if you share your input on the various options you considered and the one which you felt added more value to future students / parents. As long as parents can afford it is worth trying if it gives some value.

What are your stats for people who got interview

@kkfields Good luck to your son. Thank you for your information. I am Very happy to know about your decision, We also spent couple of thousands for my son. But, it did not help him. He hasn’t receive at least one interview so far. He has 2350 SAT(Old SAT), 35 ACT and 4.35 GPA and he has one year research experience and doctor shadowing. If you share more information about your deccision, it will help so many parents like me