***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

Did u get a uconn interview notification? @med1020

Does anyone know when the applicants of University Scholars Program in Medicine (WashU) are notified for the next step?

presidential schlor nomination is good, but won’t help college admission and no monetary value

Any more nu hpme interviews. Till what date can we expect interviews?

are pennstate notification all done? and out?

Does anyone have information about the GWU BA/MD interview?

Are people still getting calls from BU? Also when should we start receiving notification from UConn?

Anyone still waiting on rochester?

@teddyh I wrote it off already. I think with invites already sent, the most one can get now is an “alternative.” With the competition so fierce, that probably is just a waste of time/money.

Rochester invites 45 only so not sure if they have alternates concept.

Moderator’s Note: Discussion of specific consulting companies is considered marketing and is forbidden. Any discussion naming companies will be deleted and the users may lose their posting privileges.

@srk2017 You are right. They don’t have alternates. Only “second tier” or “back-ups,” or “last resort.”

@NathanBN @srk2017
REMS has alternate/ waitlist only after the interview. 45 candidates are invited as REMS finalists, 10 are accepted and 4-5 are alternates/ waitlisted.

@narkar You are 100% correct as of last year, when yes/no interview answers were released at the same time. Now some got invites while others are in limbo. What conclusion can you arrive at? One can always hope, until at last.

Does anyone know how long each interview station is for NEOMED? Is it 6 or 8 min?

Anybody knows if Drexel is done for inviting for interviews?

@GoldenRock DS just got an email for paying the $150 Drexel medical school application fee. From your experience, is there correlation between how early you are requested to pay application fee and invite for interview?

@Green-tree I don’t remember how long it took. It does not matter, based on this year posts, your DS will get invite for interview. Drexel interview goes all the way 1st week of March. So just hang in there.

@GoldenRock Thanks. Good to know that the process is still on going. Just to make sure that I understood you correctly: receiving the request for paying the application fee usually means an invite for interview later?

@NathanBN
You are right, I was talking about 2016 cycle. With Dr. Nobay becoming the Director of the Med school admissions there may be changes this year with a new/ interim REMS chief. Good luck to those still awaiting an interview call and so as well to the invited finalists.

@Green-tree
As per last year’s thread- $150 payment does not mean that you will be invited for the interview. Drexel expects you to pay the fees just for your application consideration.