***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

Did any one receive PEN State rejections?

what 2 left @srk2017

Thank you! @GoldenRock

REMS comes out with rejection letter today
Rejected!..await for other response.

DD rejected for REMS. Both Case and REMS are asking to opt-in to be considered for UG admission - guess they’re trying to optimize their yield.

Both UofR and CWRU gives decent merit aid $20-30k for UG and both are decent schools, so it is an option to consider. NW and WashU mostly may reject if not selected for BS/MD in general. So from that perspective both UofR and CWRU are better and fair.

@kybron Sorry I have not received any notification, was just curious as to how the interview format is!

how do we inform case that we are still interested in undergrad if rejected from ppsp

Did any one hear from Pen State and Drexel

Thank you @GoldenRock ! I’m trying to understand the BS options, more for my next DD who is also interested in science/health than my current senior who is pretty set that she’s going BSMD (DH & I are in Comp. Sci, and wondering what we did wrong that they both don’t want to go into our field).

It seems like the UG ranking doesn’t matter much for medical school, but the GPA and MCAT scores matter a lot. Given that a lot of these BSMD schools have amazing kids that have been turned down for BSMD and some amazing kids that have been accepted to BSMD and need to keep their GPA up, I anticipate that there is going to be a fair amount of weeding and severe curves in grading at these schools. Would you know if this is true overall, or is that specific to each school?

Just got my REMS Rejection!!! :slight_smile:

@pleasanton Drexel COM asked for fee and a photo for identification via email.

@Harryp17 CWRU sent an email stating “we will request that you complete a short application update via your applicant status portal soon”.

Is it true that at Case there is steep curving and difficulty maintaining high GPA for Premeds?

@pleasanton - we got Penn State rejection (actually, regular BS acceptance and BSMD rejection) just yesterday after waiting forever. If you still haven’t heard, I heard someone mention that you might be on the waiting list for the BSMD. Wouldnt hurt to call them if you don’t hear by today as they’re supposed to get back by Jan. 31 to everyone that applied by Nov. 30 or so.

@Mom22DDs Did you get email from Penn State ? The portal has this message for a while.
“Your application is currently under review by your academic department. You should receive an admission decision within six weeks.”

@grtd2010 I never received the email. When is the application update due?

@Harryp17 the email said “In the coming days, we will request that you complete a short application update via your applicant status portal, as well as confirm that we have a transcript that includes grades from your most recent term. If you still wish to be considered for admission, please be sure to complete both these important action items.”

@Mom22DDS- Thank you for your information. We haven’t receive any information so far from Pen State. I called them today to undergrad admission. Admission lady mentioned, status is showing College of Science is still reviewing your son’s application. I did not understand what it meant.

@grtd2010- Thanks for your update. We also paid COM fee and uploaded pic. After that,we haven’t heard from Drexel

@Harryp17 In the coming days, CWRU will send a request for you to complete a short application update via your applicant status portal.