***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@Salvadortrail I didn’t receive any correspondence from Drexel, but the message was removed from my portal. I have no idea what this means, but I just hope that they won’t keep us in the dark for much longer!

Any tips for interview with brown alumni?? Interview is this weekend.

For Drexel, when we reviewed the status update, supposedly from Dec. 15, the BA/MD section has changed (recently) indicating that they are unable to consider DD further for BA/MD. Anyone that applied to Drexel should check their status message and look for updated BA/MD section.

@Mom22DDs, my DS didn’t receive interview email either. Could you please tell me where should I look for update? I don’t see anything in the portal. When I click on update, it only mentions about the major he is admitted for!! It is very confusing and frustrating.

@path2md @Mom22DDs I think that if you were admitted into Drexel so early, and they didn’t indicate anything about BS/MD, then you have been rejected pre-interview. Unless, @path2md , you received the notification to pay the processing fee? If you received the notification, then I guess that you won’t know until you receive a rejection or acceptance email for the interview program…

@stresstasticlife, My DS submitted the processing fee. The portal changed as you mentioned, The section where it mentioned about application being forwarded to medschool has now disappeared.

@path2md - did you review the Status Update again and look for the BA/MD part?

@rsmith0208 I don’t think all other colleges will get to know which college you chose as your first choice for NMS. I know the whole NMS process and documentation is so confusing and complex. But please read them and make a note of the very important date. I think it is some time in April. The point is first you don’t have to inform them this early (unless BU says they will not consider for merit scholarship if not declared as 1st choice). Also you can change multiple times (before the date or 2 or 3 times NMS process and notify the college). So the way we did last year, the initial app, we arbitrarily put some college and waited out until we know where my D will join. But unfortunately it went to the wire and only on March 29th she got her first BA/MD program. So she took few more days to sync in and once shw was sure, then she notified NMSC that OU is her first choice by 1st week of April. She did not face any problem and OU gave her NM scholarship (for OU also you have to declare OU in order to get NM scholarship ).

@path2md I think that once the message on the portal disappears, that signifies that the COM has made its decision and finished reviewing your application (because after I submitted the processing fee, the message was still there for a little while). Just like it took a while for everyone to receive the “your application has been forwarded to COM” message, I think it’ll take a while for all of the emails denoting acceptances and rejections to come out. I just hope that they tell us whether we have been rejected or not, instead of leaving us in the dark like BU!

@Mom22DDs, I clicked on the “View update” and it shows the major he is accepted into. There is no mention of BA/MD part! I see in application status, Accelerated degree: BA/BS/MD, but that is the application part. I guess they didn’t review his application yet?

@stresstasticlife and @Mom22DDs , thanks for your input!

@path2md - we applied EA, and received a Status update of admission to UG at Derexel. For that, there is a Status Update link on the Drexel main page. When we click on that Status update, and look at ‘Next Steps’ column, the rejection is at the bottom. If you dont find that rejection, I assume you are still being considered, GL!

@Mom22DDs, we applied EA too. I checked the Drexel main page, and after clicking next steps, it takes me to admitted students page, and no mention of BA/MD anywhere! Guess we’ll have to wait and see. Thank you for the information. GL to your DD as well!

@path2md ,
we are also in similar status… We applied to rosemont and drexel and we got rejection email from rosemont/drexel just now. not sure about drexel/drexel

@njdad1964, good luck to you!! it is stressful to all of us.

DD got drexel/drexel interview invite email. Drexel portal has “is being reviewed by medical school” removed.

@grtd2010 , congrats to your DD!! Did she apply to 7 year program ( 3+4) or 8 year program ( 4+4)? I think Bioengineering is 4+4. Thanks !

@path2md she applied to 7 year program.

@grtd2010, thanks for the info! My DS applied for 8 years program. Not sure if that is the reason for the delay with his notification.

@njdad1964 You heard from Rosemont?! I’ve been waiting (for what seems like ages) to hear from them… Did Rosemont contact you or did Drexel? I applied to Lehigh as well and my rejection email came from Lehigh itself. Also, did the email from Rosemont indicate that they are still mailing rejection emails? The suspense is killing me haha