***Official Thread for 2020 BSMD applicants***

@theman2567
My S just got a call on Friday for a phone interview.

Question about the Baylor2 vs. Rice-Baylor programsā€¦ I understand that students can apply to both programs but will only get one interview. Baylor2 interview with BCM happens before Rice-Baylor even releases its interview invites. What if someone already got his/her interview slot with Baylor2 but is still interested in the Rice-Baylor program. Does he/she have to renounce his/her slot at the Baylor2 BCM interview without knowing if he/she got selected for the Rice-Baylor interview? Or, in the case that a student got selected by both Baylor2 and Rice-Baylor for their BCM interview, then the outcome of the interview will determine whether BCM selects him/her for its provisional acceptance and that person gets to choose the undergraduate program -Baylor University or Rice University?

@junebug20

You are making a few assumptions

1. RICE will give you undergrad admission
  2. RICE will forward your application to Baylor
  3. Baylor will shortlist you and call you for interview

Assumption 3 is dependent on assumptions 1 and 2.

I suggest you call Baylor medical school and ask them your questions.

@NoviceDad
Iā€™m not making any of those assumptions, just trying to get some data points from past years from experts in this forum before resorting to calling BCM. I fully understand that making the assumptions you listed and turning down BCM interview through Baylor2 would be like having a bird in the hand and letting it go to catch a flying bird.

What is the Albany Med School interview format? Is it MMI?

@junebug20

I suggest you DM @sajju786.
They may have been in a similar situation last year.

@NoviceDad I saw very detailed medical school acceptance data from UPitt, provided you ask them. Not many UG schools are willing to share that information.

@ParentCA Last year it was 45 minutes interview with one of the professors, not MMI.

You may search for ā€œAMC interviewā€, which comes up with many results from previous years. This is to get additional details.

@DSOF20192023

Are you able to share the info you have from UPittā€™s Medical School?

Hey all,
My son received a VCU Interview invite, but still hasnā€™t heard back from GW, BU, Stevens.
Have they already sent out Interviews already? My son is worried, especially concerning BUā€“though I keep telling him to be proud of his first interview!

@TarzanDad
For BU interviews are going rolling bases
We are kind of giving up on BU
Stevens interview invites are out last week. Do not know if it is on rolling bases.

I agree ā€¦ this waiting process is very stressful and we have to kind of hold it together until April 1. May be longer on some cases.

Yes, we got an invite to ISP too, you donā€™t have to accepted to their UG program to get into this. However I havenā€™t heard about PSP . Do you need to be invited for that too?

My bet, have to correct me, while your application is pending, they send out invitation to join the program, well before RD decision comes out. ISP and NU decisions are separate. You may be admitted to NU without being accepted into ISP. Even if you donā€™t apply to ISP, upon your NU acceptance, they still send out invitations to join the program as late as June.

@TarzanDad, can you please share your sons stats? Thank you

@ParentCA It is not MMI, there is a group interview followed by an individual interview with a professor.

Thank you, Iā€™ve DM them.

@DSOF20192023 and @chasingdreams21 Thanks! Thatā€™s helpful!

Did anyone get a confirmation email from umkc

In the email they said they would send one but I have not received an interview confirmation date email

I was asked by someone today about the program at University South Florida . Itā€™s not a BSMD in true sense but for high schoolers who meet criteria to the honors college then go on to meet the qualifying criteria at USF undergrad 3.7 GPA and 515 MCAT (pretty high score) they are given a seat in the med school AND it is a 7 year programā€¦ I didnā€™t really know about this program and couldnā€™t offer any real inputā€¦seems 9f you had those scores you could get a spot at many med schools anywayā€¦I guess the draw is the accelerated time plus the low cost tuition undergradā€¦
Anyone know more about it or know anyone in program?